Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which top players use one-piece cues, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
    Dennis taylor mentioned he prefered maple as didnt get so sticky playing in the hotter climates.
    Thanks for that snippet, I have that he found a 2pc rack cue in Nigel Mansell's snooker room and kept it
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      Virgo and Thorne mentioned yesterday during commentary that they used Maple when they were playing although Virgo moved over to Ash at some stage and stuck with it.
      Heard that conversation as well, think one of them mentioned maple being a bit whippier than ash, despite maple being a denser wood.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Heard that conversation as well, think one of them mentioned maple being a bit whippier than ash, despite maple being a denser wood.
        narl Glad you picked up on that as well. I've always thought that Ash was whippier than Maple and was a bit confused by what the experts had said.

Comment

Is there really a big difference in how they play because I'm buying a new cue and still not sure which one to get. A 3/4 cue is so much easier to transport but I cant try out any of the cues as I live in AUS

Comment

Originally Posted by antman510 View Post
            Is there really a big difference in how they play because I'm buying a new cue and still not sure which one to get. A 3/4 cue is so much easier to transport but I cant try out any of the cues as I live in AUS
            Hard to give an answer to that, some people swear by a 1 piece giving a better playing feel, others don't notice any real difference between a 1 piece and a jointed cue. I'm one of the latter, I've numerous 1 piece cues and don't find much playing difference between a 3/4 and a 1 piece.

Comment

Working...
            X