How to oil my cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to oil my cue

Hi can anyone please tell me how to oil my cue, do I put it all over or just the shaft and that sort of thing.
    Many thanks
    Mark

Hope this Helps . From John Parris Website :

Cue Care
    Day to Day Cue Maintenance
    •Always keep your cue in a good quality case (ideally a rigid box type).
    •When storing your cue, if you are not using a case do not leave it leaning against a wall or in a corner, as this can cause it to bend. Always lay your cue flat or store it in a cue rack.
    •Do not store cue and case near to a heat source e.g. near a radiator or direct sunlight.
    •Do not leave your cue in a car boot as it is hot during the day and cold and damp at night, rapid temperature and humidity changes are bad for the cue.
    •During play wipe the cue with a dry cue cloth, if the cue becomes sticky, wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth and buff dry immediately. Also see Cleaning Your Cue video.
    •Never use sand paper on the cue, this removes the protective sealer from the shaft leaving the wood exposed, this will allow the shaft to dry out or absorb moisture. Sanding also gradually wears away the cue shaft, especially with Ash cues where the dark grain is softer than light wood, it can make the cue uneven.
    •Occasionally, (3-6 months depending on the amount you play) treat the cue with raw linseed oil. Wipe cue down with a damp cloth and dry. Do not use a lot of water or this can cause the cue to swell. Apply oil onto cue with a cloth or paper towel, leave overnight to soak in. Wipe off surplus oil and buff cue with clean cloths until smooth and dry and no residue oil is visible on a clean cloth. If the cue feels sticky wipe with damp cloth and dry and buff.
    •If cue is jointed, occasionally clean brass faces of joint with very fine wire wool (00-00 grade). Dirt or grease on the faces of joint can affect the contact and sound when striking cue ball.
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Q: How do you keep your cue in good condition?
      A: Mike Wooldridge Cue Oil - Liquid Gold!

Let’s be clear about one thing – you can use many oils/waxes/potions on your cue and if you’re happy with the result, then that’s fine.

This oil is my own little secret recipe. Don’t ask what’s in it because I won’t tell you!

Key Features
      •Unique 'secret' formula
      •Feeds and protects the cue
      •Builds natural shine
      •Easy to use

Applications
      1.Use as maintenance for previously oil finished cues.
      2.Use as a finish over bare wood if you have sanded all the old finish off your cue.
      3.Do not use on lacquered or varnished cues. It is a waste of time because it cannot soak into the wood and work properly.

Instructions
      1.Apply liberally over whole cue, shaft and butt, rubbing well into the grain.
      2.Use plenty of oil to be sure the wood is well covered.
      3.Wipe off excess oil with a soft cloth.
      4.Leave to dry overnight, preferably 24-48 hours
      5.Buff with a clean soft cloth, and continue buffing regularly during play as it takes time for an oil finish to fully cure.
      Soon, your cue will develop a wonderful deep shine and feel super smooth in your hands.

Note
      •You cannot harm a cue by over-oiling.
      •Repeat as often as you want as the wood will only take what it needs.

Important
      •Do not forget to remove any excess oil as it may dry on the cue surface and leave a sticky hard mess that is difficult to remove. Better to build the finish slowly over time using thin coats.

The above from handmadecues.com
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Working...
      X