Cue on Sale - Query of Authenticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue on Sale - Query of Authenticity

Hi all, seen the following John Parris Ultimate on ebay and not too happy with the fonts used on the badge, both the name and the "Ultimate".
    What do others think?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item3f170c1fb3
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Cue on Sale - Query of Authenticity

Well overpriced anyway...

Comment

It's hard to tell Dean but you could be right . The numbers appear to be a different font type .

Compare it to this one , which is near the number of the one you are unsure of .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOHN-PARRI...item589374d31d
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
        Well overpriced anyway...
        but of course
        Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        It's hard to tell Dean but you could be right . The numbers appear to be a different font type .
        Compare it to this one , which is near the number of the one you are unsure of .....
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOHN-PARRI...item589374d31d
        The "M" of Ultimate that caught my eye, I have never seen a Parris cue with that font, wondered if anyone else has.
        cheers

Comment

The "JOHN" is different on those 2 cues, hmmm very dodgy, mind you anyone paying that much for a cue needs their head examining anyway

Comment

Untitled.jpg I'm not sure it is, here it is compared to another. The M on the one is the left looks too wide.
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Yeah Will, but compared to the 938 cue Neil linked to, it is different

Comment

Will - yep, the "M" is very different.
                JRC - yep, the "9" is obvious different

Comment

The 'C' on the left cue is far more curved , compared to the right hand one . Where the 'C' is more upright .

Comment

Also , look at the alignment of the name 'Parris ' .

There is a gap between the 'A' and 'R' on the left hand cue .

And the letters do not line underneath the word 'CUE ' , if you compare both badges .

Comment

it's a very different font all together....

the 905 ultimate have a much "rounder" font with the word "ULTIMATE" where the 938 have a much "skinnier" and "straighter" font where as you see the "M" is "straight", whereas the "M" in the 905 is "slated"

The fonts in the word "JOHN PARRIS" is also different where in the 905, the "bracket" are much more "pronounced"

the question is not whether the badge is different, as it clearly is, rather... The question is whether John Parris had used a different badge in that short period of time, which from memory I think John actually DID for a short time, then he went back to the original design.... I'm not sure if my memory was right, so best thing is check with John Parris himself....

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
                        The question is whether John Parris had used a different badge in that short period of time, which from memory I think John actually DID for a short time, then he went back to the original design.... I'm not sure if my memory was right, so best thing is check with John Parris himself....
                        It would be good if we can get a confirmation of whether this "short time change" happened or not. cheers for the feedback.
                        Last edited by DeanH; 12 May 2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I've seen genuine Parris cues with different fonts so its very difficult to know a genuine from a fake. Only way to know is ask JP what he has on records for the numbered cues and see if they match up.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            It would be good if we can get a confirmation of whether this "short time change" happened or not. cheers for the feedback.

yes, coz I somehow recalled reading/hearing this from John himself, but I couldn't find the records of where he said it... so did someone shoot John an email so he can confirm?

Comment

it's fedia / woolfy again.! instinct tells me it will be right - i think the seller is a member here and the cue on the far right is david grays cue that he got from me.
                              Last edited by ADR147; 12 May 2012, 03:38 PM.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X