Britannia cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britannia cues

My brother is thinking about buying a Britannia cue, what folks thoughts on these? They any good and where do they come from, I've never heard of them, he just spent a lot on a cue not long ago, looks nice but is a bit of a stinker, he's a much better player than me to so im checking opinions for him....:-)
    :snooker:

ADR on here sells them and I think he rates them quite highly, although I've never really had any experience of them from the reviews I've heard they're quite good value for money. Hope that helps
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Britannia cues

Not sure where there from but have been around for a while.. I ve got 1 in the garage an a few mates have them and they re all pretty decent splicing and seem decent enough quality shafts so as long as you're not going over the £120-150 mark for it then it should be decent enough

Comment

Cheers folks, we were looking at one at the club we play at and it was bent, very bent, then we looked at another one and it was the same, I know it doesn't matter if cues go a little off over time but these were pretty bad, and they should be at least straight when you buy them? It was a lovely cue though, felt nice and had a nice finish on it , he was told that if he liked it they could order a new one for him...

Comment

Haggis Teammate of mine might be selling his Mastercraft Eclipse. He's just bought a new Andy Travis and if he likes it will sell the Eclipse. It's 3/4 Maple so probably not right spec for you but thought it worth a mention.

Comment

cheers bud, will let him know, keep me informed if he does want to sell and what he would be looking for.

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
              cheers bud, will let him know, keep me informed if he does want to sell and what he would be looking for.
              No probs. Can drop you a PM now that you've got your 10 posts sorted out!! LOL!
              PS I see you've "clocked" the Exquisite Cues. Worth considering. Couple of the regulars at Locarno have them if you wanted a closer look.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rugbyballs View Post
                Not sure where there from but have been around for a while.. I ve got 1 in the garage an a few mates have them and they re all pretty decent splicing and seem decent enough quality shafts so as long as you're not going over the £120-150 mark for it then it should be decent enough
                i would say make a point of spending more than that and try the steels they are very very good indeed.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                  Cheers folks, we were looking at one at the club we play at and it was bent, very bent, then we looked at another one and it was the same, I know it doesn't matter if cues go a little off over time but these were pretty bad, and they should be at least straight when you buy them? It was a lovely cue though, felt nice and had a nice finish on it , he was told that if he liked it they could order a new one for him...
                  Was that the Ballroom? I was looking at a Britannia cue in there a while back but decided against it on price. Ended up spending more on a King cue from GreenBaize but it feels much nicer.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    i would say make a point of spending more than that and try the steels they are very very good indeed.
                    cheers adr, I checked out one on you're store and sent him a link, they look quite nice, not seen my bro for about a week, not totally sure exactly what he's after but he's also never bought online, he prefers to try em out first but he's back this week so I'll show him what you've got, cheers mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by DaveMadeThis View Post
                      Was that the Ballroom? I was looking at a Britannia cue in there a while back but decided against it on price. Ended up spending more on a King cue from GreenBaize but it feels much nicer.
                      it was the Shandon mate

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                        No probs. Can drop you a PM now that you've got your 10 posts sorted out!! LOL!
                        PS I see you've "clocked" the Exquisite Cues. Worth considering. Couple of the regulars at Locarno have them if you wanted a closer look.
                        oh yeah, I saw them, Maguires new new one looks pretty tasty :-)

Comment

Hello again Haggis. Are you still cue hunting? My mate made an 81 break last week with his new Andy Travis cue so he's convinced himself that that's the cue for him and hence he's looking to sell his Mastercraft Eclipse (3/4 maple). It comes with a mini-butt and a telescopic extension. He's looking for around £150 which might be a bit more than you're looking to spend but there would be no harm in looking and comparing to what else you can get for your money.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                            Hello again Haggis. Are you still cue hunting? My mate made an 81 break last week with his new Andy Travis cue so he's convinced himself that that's the cue for him and hence he's looking to sell his Mastercraft Eclipse (3/4 maple). It comes with a mini-butt and a telescopic extension. He's looking for around £150 which might be a bit more than you're looking to spend but there would be no harm in looking and comparing to what else you can get for your money.
                            hey fella, im actually in the Shandon now and probably will be for a raw hours, its for my bro, but he's a bit tight the now, but it might be worth a look

Comment

Hello Haggis. Was good to meet you and Scott yesterday. Your brother looked a pretty useful player. I hope he gets himself sorted out with a cue he likes. I've attached a photo of a Mastercraft Eclipse for you to look at but as the shaft is Maple it will be no good for Scott. I'll let my mate know that its Ash that your brother is after. Will bump into you again soon no doubt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X