No announcement yet.

Mad to get this fixed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its gonna look great mate and should make a great playing cue for you as the hit is so familiar.

Comment

Originally Posted by safe t boy View Post
      I think its gonna look great mate and should make a great playing cue for you as the hit is so familiar.
      Well sort of familiar, hasn't been used really in over 10 years. Its been laying in my wardrobe against a wall all and is 100% straight (no case), i really have to wonder how much fact is in the saying that cues warp if left sitting at an angle, this one has had ample time to and hasn't moved any amount, you'd think sitting against a wall with the mad winters we had over the last lot of years would definately make it shift some. . Friend of mine had a 3/4 bce cue which he used to have sitting in a corner, that never warped any either.

Looking forward to see what it turns out like though, wonder if Andy does work in progress pics?
      Last edited by narl; 20 May 2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Could be that the wood is so well settled that its stable. I forgot to ask, are you getting the tip end sorted out? Looks like it needs 20mm taken off and a new ferrule

Comment

Could be that the wood is so well settled that its stable. I forgot to ask, are you getting the tip end sorted out? Looks like it needs 20mm taken off and a new ferrule
          Yeah the whole thing is being done top to bottom, It's also being retapered to 9.5mm from 10mm. Latest update from andy is that the cue will probably be done by Tuesday, 10mm had to come off the top end and 8 inches off the bottom. Seems the lead weight was longer than I thought.

Comment

Some WIP pics:

First pics a bit weird, seems to show 2 more ebonex "splices" under the original butt coating facing down the wrong way. Cue looks to be coming on well though, cant wait for the finished pics

Comment

Looks like it's coming on great, love to see the end result :snooker:
              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Looking good so far. Are you getting a badge put on too?

Comment

Looking good so far. Are you getting a badge put on too?
                  Yup, black background silver font saying BURWAT 1996. It's originally one of those new style cues that are badged burroughes and watts. You can see how it was originally in this image, it's the cue to the right of the connoisseur lookalike only 1 piece.
                  http://www.burroughesandwatts.com/in...d=loadcueimage

Comment

Just got some pics of the final product, looks to be an amazing job

Just have to compare the pics of it how it was to these to see the transformation, even the shaft has come up better than i remember it looking and its still a great looking piece of Ash. Looks like Andys done a great job on it

Comment

Wow that looks really good!

Comment

Cracking job! Like the badge as well :snooker:
                        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I think Mr Travis has got to be the quickest cue maker at the moment lol

Comment

Working...
                          X