best glue for re tipping cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best glue for re tipping cue

I have started re tipping my own and have recently been using loctite 409 gel which seems pretty good,previously i used loctite super glue gel ( the small black one ) which was also good but seemed to dry up easily around the nosel end.Just wondering what everyone else was using and your opinions as to what u find the best works for yourself, cheers!
    " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Any super glue gel will do the work. Used more than ten brands and all were good enough.
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

I normally go for Loctite brand as in the past have tried Bostik and it was poo. Never had an issue with Loctite gel.

Comment

Ive always used a super glue of some description, I've just put on a kamui M black with loctite gel, just got to shape it but it's all good

Comment

Yea loctite gel gets my vote. Although I did use mitre jointing spray and gel once on an old cue!! Tips still there!

Comment

I am currently using loctite gel but brought some bison super glue gel, I used bison before but then stopped buying it for some reason.

I think most gels will be fine.

Comment

Im still using evostick after 30 years cant see me changing now

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                I am currently using loctite gel but brought some bison super glue gel, I used bison before but then stopped buying it for some reason.

I think most gels will be fine.
                yeah i used bison for a while too n stopped for some reason too, seems the days of the old tip cement, clamp and overnight wait for cutting and shaping are long gone!
                " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

I use loctite gel also. I only wait about ten minutes after fitted, then just trim and shape. Leaves me ready to play straight after without any issues. So yes super efficient.

Comment

I got some from a proffesional glue business off ebay. £3 for 25ml i think (might have been 50ml even, not sure). The lid has a pin within it so it keeps the nozzle clear. Put on 4 or 5 tips so far with it and no issues. Much cheaper than loctite.
                    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

2 part epoxy from lidl....

Comment

Originally Posted by craig147 View Post
                        I have started re tipping my own and have recently been using loctite 409 gel which seems pretty good,previously i used loctite super glue gel ( the small black one ) which was also good but seemed to dry up easily around the nosel end.Just wondering what everyone else was using and your opinions as to what u find the best works for yourself, cheers!
                        Keep it in the fridge and it won't dry up.

Comment

Originally Posted by cantpotforshíte View Post
                          Keep it in the fridge and it won't dry up.
                          o.k thanks i will give this a try!

Comment

Hi Craig use the "LOCTITE SUPER GLUE NON DRIP GEL POWER FLEX" its in the Black and Silver Tub (NOT THE TUBE) Like the One in the Picture Below.

LOCTITE SUPER GLUE GEL.jpg

I have done 100's of Tips with this Glue mate and I have found this is the Best on the Market to Use as Nozzle Doesn't Clog or Dry up.

Hope this Helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                              Hi Craig use the "LOCTITE SUPER GLUE NON DRIP GEL POWER FLEX" its in the Black and Silver Tub (NOT THE TUBE) Like the One in the Picture Below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10398[/ATTACH]

I have done 100's of Tips with this Glue mate and I have found this is the Best on the Market to Use as Nozzle Doesn't Clog or Dry up.

Hope this Helps.
                              Gazza,

1. On the pic it doesn't say "non drip gel" as I can see.

2. How exactly do you use it? Do you put one drop on the ferrule end and then gently tap tip to keep centred until it firms up and then apply a lot of pressure? Or do you have another method? Putting on that many tips, you have to be an expert and your advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne G
                              The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X