Clear All

I like a bit of Gorilla

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      I like a bit of Gorilla
      +1

Gorilla Glue impact tough or loctite gel, both get my vote

Comment

Bison gel for me, although probably more important than the glue type, is making sure the two surfaces are absolutely flat. After preparation, I place the tip on without glue and hold it up to see if any daylight appears. Makes for good consistent re-tips every time.

Comment

1. On the pic it doesn't say "non drip gel" as I can see.
          Look closer pal.

Exact same stuff I use for all mine, no complaints.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
            Hi Craig use the "LOCTITE SUPER GLUE NON DRIP GEL POWER FLEX" its in the Black and Silver Tub (NOT THE TUBE) Like the One in the Picture Below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10398[/ATTACH]

I have done 100's of Tips with this Glue mate and I have found this is the Best on the Market to Use as Nozzle Doesn't Clog or Dry up.

Hope this Helps.
            I use the same stuff. I was surprised it didn't clog or harden in the nozzle, despite the fact I just keep it in a box in the cupboard and have done for over a year. I've only done 3 tips with it, but all have stayed put and felt "fine" as far as I can tell.
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

I use "Locktite Ultra Gel" I've re-tipped a few cues with this and found it very good. I also found the gel doesn't soak into the leather as much as normal Super Glue.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                I like a bit of Gorilla
                I'm a Gorilla Gel Super Glue man
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by bricktip View Post
                  Bison gel for me, although probably more important than the glue type, is making sure the two surfaces are absolutely flat. After preparation, I place the tip on without glue and hold it up to see if any daylight appears. Makes for good consistent re-tips every time.
                  So true. When the two faces meet, if they aren't flat, you will have issues. I do the same as you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                    Gazza,

1. On the pic it doesn't say "non drip gel" as I can see.

2. How exactly do you use it? Do you put one drop on the ferrule end and then gently tap tip to keep centred until it firms up and then apply a lot of pressure? Or do you have another method? Putting on that many tips, you have to be an expert and your advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne G
                    I do the same as you Wayne and it's a good method and works well. I don't have issues with tips coming off when I do it this way.

Comment

Originally Posted by williamson View Post
                      Im still using evostick after 30 years cant see me changing now
                      Cannot agree more. Evostick takes time to dry but once it does. Your tip will not drop off

Comment

Is the tip coming off a real problem? I can't recall ever having it happen with any glue/cement I've ever tried for any cue I've ever tipped.

Comment

I use this:

http://www.esska-tech.co.uk/esska_en...ra_gel_3g.html
                          mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                            Is the tip coming off a real problem? I can't recall ever having it happen with any glue/cement I've ever tried for any cue I've ever tipped.
                            I can't imagine it either .. unless the cue was really really really old and the glue had dried out into something brittle. After all, the tip doesn't weigh a lot and typically all the force is pushing the tip onto the cue, so there isn't a lot of shear force which you'd think would actually rip a tip off.
                            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                            - Linus Pauling

Comment

I always used either Araldite Rapid or superglue. If using superglue I would coat the bottom of the tip, let it go hard then flat it again before affixing so I was glueing two hard surfaces and the superglue would not soak into the tip.

More recently I thought I would splash out and purchased a dedicated tip glue - Tweeten's Ten Minute Cement. I don't think much to it at all and started using it for other things but it's not much good for them either being water soluble. Stuck an insole down in a shoe and forever getting sticky socks now lol.

Comment

best glue for re tipping cue

I ve used Pritt Stick for years, but it's sh!te !!

Comment

Working...
                                X