Dave coutts supreme cue copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave coutts supreme cue copy

Would just like to say how disappointed we are that peradon have copied my top of the range cue - the supreme cue and according to them they are not aware that ours exist even though it is identical even down to the walnut. Dave takes 15 days just to glue the shaft together as every surface has to be perfect. Although these cues look similar the quality of there is no way the quality is the same, the copy (newbury cue) will be released next month so just be aware that it is not a coutts cue

Poor form by Peradon ....too much of a coincidence for them not to have copied it then Louise ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

That's bad, Coutts will always be better than Peradon! :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Happens though, look how many burwat champion lookalikes there are these days for example =/ Peradon can copy a cue but their quality will be nowhere even close.

ed: is that peradon cues available on the coutts website?
        Last edited by narl; 18 May 2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
          Would just like to say how disappointed we are that peradon have copied my top of the range cue - the supreme cue and according to them they are not aware that ours exist even though it is identical even down to the walnut. Dave takes 15 days just to glue the shaft together as every surface has to be perfect. Although these cues look similar the quality of there is no way the quality is the same, the copy (newbury cue) will be released next month so just be aware that it is not a coutts cue
          That Supreme is a lovely cue, what's the lead times now ?

Comment

Peradon as we all know arent great Cues at all and I wouldnt touch them at all or Recommend them to Anybody.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
              Peradon as we all know arent great Cues at all and I wouldnt touch them at all or Recommend them to Anybody.
              Yeah, every single Peradon cue ever made is total rubbish...of course they are !

Perhaps cue makers should be able to "Patent" their designs and splices ... a bit like Clowns Patenting their faces - now there is an interesting analogy.

Come on cue snobs - a cue is a cue and if you like the way it feels and plays then that should suffice.

A cue maker should be able to use whatever design they wish - as for quality of craftsmanship that it surely a matter for the consumer - it relates more to aesthetics rather than than how a player gets on with the cue as a tool for playing snooker.

I am sure Coutts cues as well as several others revered on this forum are indeed beautifully crafted cues and works of art in themselves but I feel there is a lot of unneccessary dissing of the more affordable cue makers.

I would always advise a player to actually pick up and try a cue before buying irrespective of the badge or nameplate.
              Last edited by sprogbasket; 18 May 2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

They may copy it but it won't be anywhere as good as David's he's a real craftsman and I'm sure peradon will not be taking 15 days just to do a shaft.
                Pity it wasn't patented, although its very expensive to do.
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Have one of Dave's cues and he did some work on others of my cues. His work is masterpiece! Peradon is not nearby.
                  Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

yes i got peradons new trade cat yesterday as well. it's a little bit suspect with the use of walnut but laminated shafts is not exactly a new idea i have seen antique cues with a darker middle section for sighting.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                    X