Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine spliced Redplate?

Hi,

somebody offered me a cue with a red Hunt&O'Byrne badge (not a TSF member). Was a nice cue, good quality, with a rosewood butt . But it was definitely machinde spliced. In my eyes it couldn't be genuine.

Did Hunt&O'Byrne or Hunt&Osborne ever made machine spliced Redplates?

Cheers
    mephisto

yes Hunt&O'Byrne did, however Hunt&Osborne and robert osborne redplates are handmade. theres another thread about this somewhere..........just found it http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...yrne-red-plate

Comment

Thanks mate,

the link was a big help!

Cheers
      mephisto

Comment

My mate has a red plate machine spliced cue from Hunt and Osborne [ Shaft was machined and rest was handmade / finished ] . Was bought about 3-5 years ago .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Ok,

I found the cue in an old Hunt&O'Byrne catalog (thanks to tsf-member "brother4"). It's the Redplate in the middle with the Cocobolo-Butt, ebony splice and the green veneer. You were right, they did machine spliced redplates.

I was surprised that H&O used 6 different types of joints as you can see in the pic.

Page3.jpg

Cheers
          mephisto
          Last edited by mephisto; 25 May 2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I remember this catalog. Yes a machine spliced, but still nice for collectors
            Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Working...
            X