Just taken delivery of my new Raymo147 cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just taken delivery of my new Raymo147 cue

Hi all just wanted to give you my feedback and experience from buying a new handmade cue from Raymo147. I understand he is relatively new to cue making well certainly was to me anyway. I saw his post with Maguire taking delivery of his cue so I thought I would contact him and ask if he could make me one. I have had most of the well known cue makers cues now so know a little about what's good and bad and what I like and don't like. When I contacted Raymond the reply I got was that he wasn't making any just now but he may have something depending on my specs that would suit. I replied with my specs and low and behold he had something as near to damn it that I was looking for. Pictures were sent straight away with a brief description of how it played as I wanted a real " player "of a cue and one that didn't throw too much. Raymond sent the price with a note saying this is a real cracker. I agreed the purchase Monday, I paid Tuesday and took delivery today Wednesday you can't ask for better service. For what I paid I wasn't expecting too much to be honest ( sorry Raymond ) but boy was I gob smacked it's brilliant ! The finish is as good as any I've owned and better than most, the balance is perfect, the splicings even, the shaft nice and stiff and the grain spot on with really nice chevrons on the top of the cue. I tried a couple of ultimates last week and this is equal to them in terms of quality, I just hope I can bloody play with it now. Thank you Raymond you deserve all the credit you get mate you're been a pleasure to deal with and the cue is superb.
    Regards
    Mark

Thanks a million mark for your nice comments!
    I hope you get on great with the cue and any problems don't hesitate to contact me!

Comment

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
      Thanks a million mark for your nice comments!
      I hope you get on great with the cue and any problems don't hesitate to contact me!
      I just can't wait for mine, Raymond.
      I wanna play more matches!

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark62 View Post
        I understand he is relatively new to cue making well certainly was to me anyway.
        I understand that Raymo147 has been making cues for sometime now and has worked with Robert Osborne but has only recently started out on his own, see the workshop thread
        Raymo - how long have you been making cues?
        Mark - so glad you have found a cracker, keep us updated with your new "baby"
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I've been into cues my whole life but only seriously trying to make them for two years now!
          I'm like Jason Owen,mac cues and crispian!
          Some you get right and some you don't!
          You learn from your mustakes!
          I'm gonna be putting up some "Sin Bin" cues that haven't made the grade for a badge!
          Will be putting them up soon at a fraction of the price!
          These are cues that have un even splicing points but still good value!

Comment

That would be mistakes lol lol

Comment

Good idea raymo, also looked at your workshop pictures, bloody hell its came a long way since we put the lathe in eh!

Comment

Mike already has "sin bin" copyrighted, may I suggest "Bodge Basket"?

Comment

Aye that's a shout! Sorry mike! Bodge basket could be the one!
                  Anymore suggestions?

Comment

How about Raymonds rejects

Comment

Just taken delivery of my new Raymo147 cue

Raymo's no no's
                      Regards
                      Mark

Comment

Raymos rejects is the winner! Love that! Ha ha!
                        Keep yer eyes peeled still not bad quality!

Comment

Working...
                        X