problem with my cue please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with my cue please help

hi everyone i have recently had my cue repaired had a new ferrule and tip fitted but when i strike the cue ball my cue still makes the same annoying noise do not know how to describe this noise other than a little ting noise lol
    please help i have had this cue for 12 years and played roniies osullivan jimmy white and mark williams with it i would hate to have to buy a new one please help thanks in advance danny

sounds like a crack in the wood. If you cant see a crack on the outside , there could be crack wood on the inside of the cue which you cant see and unfortunetly can be very difficult to repair and sometimes the best thing to do is buy a new one. But if its not a crack deep inside the wood , they can do something with it im sure. Get it checked out by a cue doctor.

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

thank you very much dave i will look into it

Comment

If the ferrule has been sorted, its likely the weights have come loose.
        This happened to a Pheonix cue I sold recently, Tony Glover charged ~£25 to fix.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Agree with the above post .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

yes, it could be a loose weight as mentioned above, but a quick question, does the cue have a joint (i.e. 2pc or 3/4) if so give this a clean (brasso wadding or fine wire wool) inside and out ensuring you do not leave anything in the recess, especially the faces of the brass.
            This can be a easy fix to an annoying noise. My wifes cue (an old 2pc) had a noise for a while then I cleaned the faces of the joint and noise gone. I hope your noise is fixed as easily, best of luck.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Who did the job, was it a proper cue doctor or was it someone who said he can fit ferrules, there is a world of difference! Also may sound daft but the tip may be loose or not seated correctly. The fact that its a new ferrule and tip sounds to me like the problem lies there, can't see why the weight could have come loose. There is an outside chance that when fitting the ferrule that the wood below has split but only the guy who fitted the ferrule would know that. Take the tip off and look at the wood below, if that looks ok fit a new tip and try again. Sometimes its the little things that cause these types of problems.

Comment

Giving it a clean won't do any harm but it sounds like something is loose. Its almost impossible to say without seeing cue but I would unscrew cue and tap each section lightly on a table and see if the noise is still there and what end, that would give you an idea where its coming from and wherr to start.
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Bang the butt of the cue really hard onto the palm of your hand and if the weight is slack you might hear it.

Comment

Working...
                  X