Hurricane Higgins cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Higgins cue

Hey guys , does anyone know what cue hurricane higgins used when he was playing?? Dave

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Well he is most famously associated with using a Burroughes & Watts Burwat Champion cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Well he is most famously associated with using a Burroughes & Watts Burwat Champion cue
      Thanks mate. Want one. Are they difficult to get a good one?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Maguire View Post
        They are on ebay all the time, but as you say, not always easy to get a good one, quite often too whippy for modern play. You may be better off buying a replica, i have one for sale

Comment

Terrible pics, but gives you an idea, this one is 58", 9.5 ferrule, stamped 16 oz, but actually weighs 16.5 oz, 17 3/4" balance point.
          Think its either a Tony Glover replica, or more likely a Tony Ions one.

Comment

Terrible pics, but gives you an idea, this one is 58", 9.5 ferrule, stamped 16 oz, but actually weighs 16.5 oz, 17 3/4" balance point.
            Think its either a Tony Glover replica, or more likely a Tony Ions one.

delete some messages so i can pm u what do u want for it? and if i hold off to get an original , how much will i be paying?? thanks

Comment

delete some messages so i can pm u what do u want for it? and if i hold off to get an original , how much will i be paying?? thanks
              Messages deleted lol
              Was thinking around £235 delivered for quick sale, it's in brand new condition
              Originals vary so much on ebay, all depends on specs, here are a couple that have sold cheaply lately
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/i.html?_sa...mplete=1&rt=nc

Comment

They are on ebay all the time, but as you say, not always easy to get a good one, quite often too whippy for modern play. You may be better off buying a replica, i have one for sale
                Wow, great salesman lol :snooker:
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Higgins in the end went through quite a few champion cues. His problem was he never took care of his cues. They all got battered around and bits and pieces of the splices started to break off ( you can see this damage in some match footage, his 147 attempt against Davis in 1980 for example). He had 1 or 2 "stolen" allegedly and he lost at least one other. Not the only kind of cue he used though, pretty sure at one point he had an H&O and I've seen at least one pic of him playing with a Eureka. I recall one story where his cue had warped due to being left on top of a radiator.

Comment

yes alex went through many cues, burwats being his favourite but as previously stated they are not renowned for being stiff cues and alex prefered a stiff cue. also he liked altering weights of the cues. theres a clip on youtube about him playing with a mannock cue and in maple, stating he never using anything but ash but the mannock is playing very well

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                      yes alex went through many cues, burwats being his favourite but as previously stated they are not renowned for being stiff cues and alex prefered a stiff cue. also he liked altering weights of the cues. theres a clip on youtube about him playing with a mannock cue and in maple, stating he never using anything but ash but the mannock is playing very well
                      Got a link to the mannock and eureka vid?

This is a good example of his battered cues, you can see that one of the splices has a large chunk missing out of it.

Last edited by narl; 24 May 2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Terry mentioned that Alex made 6 147's where any on camera?

Comment

almost impossible, if you want to play with it buy one from tony ions or tony glover.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Got a link to the mannock and eureka vid?

This is a good example of his battered cues, you can see that one of the splices has a large chunk missing out of it.

just found it, cant recall him playing with a eureka though. heres the bity about him playing with the mannock

it follows the frame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdyc...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                              just found it, cant recall him playing with a eureka though. heres the bity about him playing with the mannock

it follows the frame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdyc...ature=youtu.be
                              Interesting, wonder why he found it a "cardinal sin" to be using a maple cue, if you play well with it i don't really see the issue. If i found a maple cue i could knock tons in with id be over the moon

Comment

Working...
                              X