X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mac cue

mac1.jpg
    mac2.jpgmac3.jpgmac4.jpg

Received this yesterday, and is certainly a good quality cue and a cue maker I think to look out for.

The cue is 57.5", 9.5mm, just under 18oz. The shaft is fairly stiff with a lovely aged ash with nice arrows and grain pattern. Its finished with linseed oil and has an old cue look and feel about it. Impressed with the taper of the cue and the general quality of the wood used. The butt is Ebony and spliced fairly well, not 100% accurate on the points but still very nicely done and again good quality ebony used.

Its fitted with an end joint and I also had a tele extention with the cue.

I've had a little knock with it for about an hour and its quite a nice player. Its always hard to judge new cues instantly, I played okay with it, but found it a little light on the bridge hand as the balance is not quite what I'm used to. Shots off the cushion were the main difficulty but with my hand on the table I found I was controlling the cueball well after about 20 minutes or so. A firm hit though with little throw and generally a good solid cue.

Don't know if it will be a cue I can use long term but certainly a good back up. Mac was a gent to deal with and comes highly recommended.

Thanks for the review m8 I really appreciate it. All the best with your new cue.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

New Mac cue

I'm chuffed with mine too. First two frames. Two good breaks. It's a keeper. Shame my brand new Trevor white came at the same time. Lol
      Always a pleasure

Comment

Nice cue!!!Which website can i find Mac Custom Cue???Cheer!!!

Comment

Just shows you don't need to spend a fortune to get a good quality cue. I'd say the bonus of dealing with up and coming cue makers is they know they need to make good cues to get themselves a good reputation, so getting a cue early before they make a big name for themselves not only means you don't have to wait, but the price is very good too.

PM The Doctor if you want to speak to him.

Comment

Originally Posted by alvin tay View Post
            Nice cue!!!Which website can i find Mac Custom Cue???Cheer!!!
            The doctor who posted above makes them. He's very good and very reasonable.
            Always a pleasure

Comment

I picked mine up last saturday

Great quality cue especially for the price.

Grain pattern on mine as all ive seen is really nice and as i said the price your paying for a shaft like that is a steal considering the cost of ultimates and personally i dont think the grains far off what you would get from an ultimate.

Splicings nice one point maybe a fraction out but thats looking really close and being harsh.

Would highly reccomend these to anyone and a great guy to deal with as he told me the cue was ready and i picked it up the next day and he gave me a text a couple of days later to make sure all was ok with

Just a shame you live so close to the big tin can mate haha

Comment

Nice Cue mate and as already said when these guys have Sold/Supplied to Top Class Players they Prices will Rocket!

Comment

prices are all going to go up because the ash and ebony are going up.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks again guys for the reviews. I'm glad you all like your cues.
                    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      prices are all going to go up because the ash and ebony are going up.
                      Apparently even getting proper black ebony is an issue these days as the asian cuemakers are snapping it up. Guy i know recently bought a parris classic cue and the ebony has a pretty noticable reddish tint to it on the butt.

Comment

Hi!!!Mr Doctor do u have website or how can contact you if i wan to custom a cue??Btw i'm from Singapore...

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Apparently even getting proper black ebony is an issue these days as the asian cuemakers are snapping it up. Guy i know recently bought a parris classic cue and the ebony has a pretty noticable reddish tint to it on the butt.
                          if you take a look at a 100 year old riley cue no ebony is really black these days.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            if you take a look at a 100 year old riley cue no ebony is really black these days.
                            Really depends on the batch the cuemakers got, ive a burwat champion thats literally jet black even with light shining on it. These days cues seem to generally have a bit of a red tinge to them.

Comment

Originally Posted by alvin tay:648170
                              Hi!!!Mr Doctor do u have website or how can contact you if i wan to custom a cue??Btw i'm from Singapore...
                              If you pm me or email richy1471@hotmail.com
                              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                              X