No announcement yet.

Shorter cue is it better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't worry too much about height, it's more the distance reach span surely?

Comment

if it's to long just get some high heels for u to be taller don't alter the cue
      just take a look to some videos of the pros and u'll see that they play with all kinds of grips and lenght , i think its just a matter of the cueing style and personal choice

Comment

Originally Posted by calin View Post
        if it's to long just get some high heels for u to be taller
        Ha! too true,

Comment

you'll have to buy a set of arm extensions to go with them lol

Comment

You also have to take into context the persons arm span and the set up they have. Example being, Davis will get away with a shorter cue due to the way his bridge arm is quite bent, whereas Mathew Stevens, will need slightly longer because his bridge arm is relatively straight. If you don't believe me, try both bridge arms yourself and see the difference it makes to where you feel comfortable holding the cue.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by poona View Post
              Wouldn't worry too much about height, it's more the distance reach span surely?
              For most people height is equal to, or very close to arm span. Bodies have many interesting ratios/patterns, google for "golden ratio" and you'll find all sorts of interesting things.
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

As I stated before I have experimented with loads of cues and started to go down the shorter cue route and slowly but surely without me even noticing my game fell to pieces, I lost my confidence but for the very easiest of pots.
                What I started to do is bend my bridge arm so I could play with a shorter cue this resulted in me losing stability and accuracy when delivering the cue. I got so low and was about to throw in the towel as I been playing so bad. I then sat down and had a good think through what was going on in my game and decided to straighten my arm again and play with my longer cue, it felt weird at first but I could see improvement in my potting immediately. So now after a few session's I'm starting to get the buzz back in my game so much so I'm thinking of going up to a 58inch cue.
                So what has this to do with the original post, well the way I see it it not just about height and arm length it's also about your chosen style get this wrong and the cue length won't make a difference. I would make sure that your bridge arm is fully extended before choosing the length of cue for you. Not so straight as to be uncomfortable, but to quote from Joe Davis you should feel a line of tension across the shoulders and through the bridge arm. Ronnie is a good player to copy in this regard, much more so when he was younger I would say most of Ronnies missed shots are down to him slightly relaxing his bridge arm on the delivery.

Hope this helps
                Last edited by cazmac1; 6 June 2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X