Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important lesson about how to deal with cues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important lesson about how to deal with cues!

Got a couple of new cues last week but as I was quite disappointed with both, I didn't run and put them pictures up in here.

One of the cues is a Stamford Series 1 which was perfect upon arrival but genius me damaged it right after using it for the first time :livid:

Here is how it Happened:

So I have this old riley rack next to my snooker table holding all them old cues I got with the table back in the 90's... After playing a few good shots with the new stamford and admiring it I decided to try the 2nd new cue and so I put the Stamford up on that rack instead of laying it back in its case which is what I would normally do.

The next day I went back to the table already with the camera and before shooting them photos i decided to make a few shots with my new ladies... and that's when I noticed that my brand new Stamford has little scratches around the ash shaft.

The funny thing is I didn't realize right away what caused this and after running all the possible scenarios in my head I could only blame Stamford themselves for delivering me with a damaged cue or one of my enemies entering my garage and damaging my new cue.

So I went back home writing Stamford an email about my new cue being damaged. It was before they answered that I realized what might have caused the scratchers and going back to the table and looking at the rack and the spot where the scratches are on the new cue I was definitive that the scratches were caused by it.

So I wrote them a second email telling them about my revelation and about how it was stupid me who's fault it is.

Their reply was that it's very sad about the cue and that those kind of racks have a tendency to that to cues. They also said that the scratches can be removed but that it will take some work and that the costs for the postage plus the work on repairing the cue will have to be covered by me.

I understand me having to cover the postage costs but do you guys think it normal that I have to pay for the repair costs?! I bloody damaged the cue on the first day after receiving it!!! I don't know maybe it's normal I'm just so upset about the whole thing that I don't have any will to send it back or do anything about it now.

anyways here's some pic's of the rack and of the scratches on the cue. The scratches can hardly be seen but unfortunately they are there
    Last edited by Guy3103; 9 June 2012, 02:05 PM.

get that riley rack binned mate, get new one with cushioned cue holders, seen few on ebay

something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PIECE-PO...item2564b62ec2

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
      I understand me having to cover the postage costs but do you guys think it normal that I have to pay for the repair costs?! I bloody damaged the cue on the first day after receiving it!!
      The clue's in bold. I know you're annoyed, but why should Stamford pay to repair it ?

Perhaps a local cuemaker could quote you for the job ? Save postage, and he could talk you through it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

If you write your car off on the first day you buy it that's not the dealer's fault.

Comment

Lol Guy man, you knackered it, you have to pay for it !!!

Comment

It is kinda you that should be paying for it. At least it isn't as if you have accidently chipped a chunk out of it or anything drastic such as that. Would see if there is anyone local who can fix it before paying the P&P etc.

Comment

these scratches are an easy fix.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Can't believe you even have to ask. Of course its normal that you should pay for the repair you caused the damage afterall.

Comment

I cannot believe you even put a new cue in one of those stupid holders bet you dont do that again.

Comment

To be honest, its an easy fix, light sanding and trying to keep the taper smooth, so sand gradually a good 12 inches each side of the scratch. You dont want to simply sand the scratches out as you will end up with a flat spot in the taper. Refinishing isnt too much hassle on an ash shaft.
                    Out of good will and the desire for each of my cues to live a long and happy life, I would have repaired it for free, with the postage each way covered by the customer.
                    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Important lesson about how to deal with cues!

I thought I had read it all on here over the last few months but this has beaten everything hands down. I cannot believe that you would even contemplate asking the cue maker to repair your cue that you damaged free of charge. How is this their fault ? Yes you must be upset I know I would be but put yours hands in your pocket pay the guys and move on, it will be as good as new soon.
                      Still chuckling
                      Mark

Comment

Just needs to be refinished, no big deal really.

Comment

15 minutes tops.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            15 minutes tops.
                            true.

stamford are right of course, but nevertheless...

although guy did this himself, a gesture of goodwill to a good customer goes a long way.
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                              true.

stamford are right of course, but nevertheless...

although guy did this himself, a gesture of goodwill to a good customer goes a long way.

your right........so could i have one of your legends for half price please ? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X