American pool with a snooker cue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American pool with a snooker cue??

Hey guys . . just wondering would it do my Parris with a 9.5mm ferrule any damage playing american pool with it???

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

You shouldn't be hitting the balls hard enough to damage the tip!
    I will be taking my MW cue (9.5mm tip) to the US to play on my pool table as I cannot see how slightly bigger balls are going to make much difference.....I'll let you know how I get on!

Comment

have seen ppl snap there cue while breaking off and even dint the ferrule wen they missed cued

Comment

You don't use your playing cue to break the pack as there isa special break for that

Comment

I use a 8mm tip English pool cue for American pool, I play quite well with it. I didn't break with it though, I just used one of those huge tipped rack cues. I don't think there will be much of a problem using a 9.5mm tip :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

My tip came off last time I tried.

Comment

Originally Posted by NorthWestJunior View Post
              My tip came off last time I tried.
              ORLY? Sounds like a good punchline...what's the rest of the story?

Comment

What is the standard tip size for an american pool cue then?? and when steve davis and drago played american pool . . it looked like they were using snooker cues . . . probably a bigger tip though

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

The table I have came with around 20 assorted cues with tips from 10mm up to 14mm! Some of them are the cheap tip on plastic but I am going to buy some tips and ferrules and convert them.

I remember Steve Davis first playing pool aiirc he was using his snooker cue

Comment

Drago and Davis use a Parris made adapted 9 ball cue with a fibre ferrule.
                    You can buy them on his website if you go onto the custom cue maker bit
                    Pretty sure Davis only uses about a 10mm tho the normal is around 13mm for 9 ball.

Can't see it being a problem using a snooker cue to play with but it's common sense, you're hitting heavier objects so it ll put more stress on the cue/shaft and the tips smaller and thinner than ones used for 9 ball so likely to split crack come off etc...
                    Also worth checking if entering tourneys cause some clubs etc won't let you enter if youre using a metal ferrule !!! Is for the protection of the cloth!!! I came unstuck there once !

Comment

I will have to get my MW cue sent back and get Mike to fit a Blackspin tip then!

Comment

Lol that would work

Comment

I did email Mike months ago and ask him if he would make me a 3/4 American pool cue with a bigger Blackspin tip at 12mm and to make it with one of the mini extensions as part of the butt........ I am still waiting for a reply!

Comment

Working...
                          X