What cue maker to go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cue maker to go for?

I know it's all about personal choice, and the sizes and weight i have already, but i'm struggling to find a cue to match and may have to go down the route of getting one made by someone, now i've not had a new cue in a while, the last was a Hunt and Osborne, before that a Trevor White, so what are the cuemakers to look out for now, i notice Will Hunt has retired, so it's back to Osborne cues, which appears to be busy with asian contracts, and i cannot find anything about Trevor White?

Is there others out there to look out for, i've had a Wooldridge cue before as well, so will look at their website as well, but thought i'd have a good rummidge round here to find out if any names pop up, or if any shops/sellers are around that are good to check out first?

Andy travis / Exquisite / Mac / Owen / Wooldridge... all are members on this forum aswell and you can easily contact them

Comment

What sort of cue you looking for?

Comment

A lot of people round here have cues made by Kevin Muncaster at North West Cues. I haven't had one before but they do look good. I haven't heard how they play but he has made a cue for Higgins before, remember it being in the local paper. I think he has a website but there isn't much other than contact details so unless you live close enough to pay him a visit and see what he has to offer then it's probably not a viable option. Worth putting his name out there for ya' though.

Comment

If i was looking at a specific cue, i'd probably look at a maple shaft, 57"-ish, 29-30mm butt, 18oz 1 piece, tip around 9.5mm.

In reality, i'm looking for something that's around these specifications, i can live with it being slightly longer/shorter and weight being around the mark, as long as it's not hugely heavy or too light and whippy, i do prefer 1 piece, had a few issues in the past with joints loosening over time.

I'd prefer to get something quicker rather than wait 3-6 months as well, that's the real worry for me just now, as it seems everyone is backed up!

Comment

I have a couple of maples ready just to be weighted to customer spec. If you look up NEW MAC CUES they are the 3 maples on right if a group of 6 cues.
            Prices are £150 plus postage.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Meant to say. The shafts are nice and firm and very clean maple. Ebony butt. I can Aldi do mini butt and extensions for extra.
              Pm me or email richy1471@hotmail.com
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
                I know it's all about personal choice, and the sizes and weight i have already, but i'm struggling to find a cue to match and may have to go down the route of getting one made by someone, now i've not had a new cue in a while, the last was a Hunt and Osborne, before that a Trevor White, so what are the cuemakers to look out for now, i notice Will Hunt has retired, so it's back to Osborne cues, which appears to be busy with asian contracts, and i cannot find anything about Trevor White?

Is there others out there to look out for, i've had a Wooldridge cue before as well, so will look at their website as well, but thought i'd have a good rummidge round here to find out if any names pop up, or if any shops/sellers are around that are good to check out first?
                I believe Robert Osborne has finished the asian contracts but is not doing custom orders anyway, so you have to see what comes up as Stock Cues for Sale on his website.
                Trevor White is on TSF (Trev1) and does not have a website, but his email is on various posts already through out TSF. I understand he is takign orders but the waiting time could be too long for some.
                Mike Wooldridge's website and shop is open again after a recent family bereavement and he is now working hard on orders.

As mentioned previously there are other makers around on TSF that have had good reviews, Exquisite Cues (Raymo147), Jim Evans, Andy Travis, MacCues, etc, etc. The choice is yours
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                  I have a couple of maples ready just to be weighted to customer spec. If you look up NEW MAC CUES they are the 3 maples on right if a group of 6 cues.
                  Prices are £150 plus postage.
                  Hi there, but where do you mean to look up NEW MAC CUES? I do not get a hit on the TSF search or anything on Google?

Comment

I believe he meant for this thread
                    http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...atest-MAC-CUES

Comment

latest mac cues - thanks for that. cheers

Comment

no prob

Comment

Yes thats what I meant thanks.
                          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

If you don't mind a bit of a wait.. go for a custom TW.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, i got a cue in record time from Exquisite Cues, had a few frames so far with it and it feels pretty good, just like the old cue as the dimensions are the same and the feel is the same as well!

Will probably look at getting another later in the year, more of a back up / table cue for others who come round to play, but of course it'll be a back up cue first and foremost!

Comment

Working...
                              X