Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance on a 55" cue

To all cue experts out there:

If the optimal balance for a 57-58" cue is between 16-18", then what would be the optimal balance point/range for a 55" cue?

Thanks

Pretty mUch the same mate as for a 57 or 58 inch cue. Just down to what you are comfy with

Comment

Originally Posted by wayync View Post
      To all cue experts out there:

If the optimal balance for a 57-58" cue is between 16-18", then what would be the optimal balance point/range for a 55" cue?

Thanks
      Assuming the 55" cue was an exact scale replica of a 58" cue with an 18" balance point, and assuming you want exactly the same feel in terms of balance (ignoring the effect the difference in weight would make) you're looking at; 17.06" (=18/58 * 55)
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

think caz is the expert on this subject, when he see this thread he may share his opinions

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
          Assuming the 55" cue was an exact scale replica of a 58" cue with an 18" balance point, and assuming you want exactly the same feel in terms of balance (ignoring the effect the difference in weight would make) you're looking at; 17.06" (=18/58 * 55)
          wow, very informative answer

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
            think caz is the expert on this subject, when he see this thread he may share his opinions
            Funny you said that as when I saw the thread I thought it was one of mine, lol. To be honest I don't think I ever really got an answer, it's such a Gray area. all I would like to add is that IMO I think its better to be slightly forward rather than back ward balance.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
              Funny you said that as when I saw the thread I thought it was one of mine, lol. To be honest I don't think I ever really got an answer, it's such a Gray area. all I would like to add is that IMO I think its better to be slightly forward rather than back ward balance.
              yeh i thought was one of yours too mate, but think you have done more research on the subject than most so your more qualified to comment. but my opinion is the same, i prefer the weight more forward than back. but i only tried a cue 56 inches, nothing smaller.

not heard of many people prefer the balance at the back

Comment

It depends on you set up/ stance if you like to shorten the cue by moving your hand up the shaft you will definitely need a more forward balance cue. but if like Ronnie you hold the back of the cue even when cuing off the cushion you can go slightly back but even then I wouldn't go to far back as there may be occasions where you have no choice but to shorten your grip. To be honest I think I would have to see a player play with the cue before I could say were his balance point should be.

Comment

58" = 17.3"
                  57" = 17"
                  56" = 16.66"

Comment

Working...
                  X