X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wooldridge Blackspin

Hi All,
    Love to have some feedback from anyone playing with one of MW's new cues.
    Also, I can't seem to see too many of his cues for sale second hand when compared to other makers, any thoughts on why this may be ?
    I have been watching eBay and TSF,is it my timing ?
    Finally are there any pros using his cues ?
    Many thanks.
    " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Mike Wooldridge Blackspin

Love my MW as I suspect everyone else does. That's why so few ever get sold on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      Love my MW as I suspect everyone else does. That's why so few ever get sold on.
      What do you love most about it and what model do you have ?
      " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

I have been thinking for a while about ordering one would love to try one!

Comment

Other than the mike telling you they are the best thing since sliced bread (which he would), why? What happened to the pro players who were going to try them after the worlds... It's all gone quiet, did they decide they were no good?

Mike's a good lad but his marketing has always been great. When I hear from Trevor or other leading maker that he agrees, and all his cues in future will have them (mike made or offered them available on license as I recall), I might be less skeptical.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Other than the mike telling you they are the best thing since sliced bread (which he would), why? What happened to the pro players who were going to try them after the worlds... It's all gone quiet, did they decide they were no good?

Mike's a good lad but his marketing has always been great. When I hear from Trevor or other leading maker that he agrees, and all his cues in future will have them (mike made or offered them available on license as I recall), I might be less skeptical.
            LOL, why would any other cue maker endorse anothers invention when they know it's likely to cost them business?
            One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

LOL, why would any other cue maker endorse anothers invention when they know it's likely to cost them business?
              One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

If I see more players with the blackspin then I'll probably give them a go.

Comment

I have no doubt Blackspin will be a great thing and on Mike's word better and improved tip design with less throw etc. But almost everything great that has happened in the world of snooker has been done with a traditional brass ferrel. Abilitiy is in the person not the cue.
                  Last edited by Snook1; 16 June 2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snook1 View Post
                    I have no doubt Blackspin will be a great thing and on Mike's word better and improved tip design with less throw etc. But almost everything great that has happened in the world of snooker has been done with a traditional brass ferrel. Abilitiy is in the person not the cue.
                    Spot on there. The cue action and quality of the woods has more of an effect than a ferrule. There's no substitute for natural ability, a cue is great and can help a lot but without the snookering mind and straight cueing you won't get far.

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
                      With 18 month order books I dont think they'd give a ...
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

With 18 month order books I dont think they'd give a ...
                        For a year & a half anyways...

Comment

I was hoping to hear from MW owners on this post but so far only one owner has responded,have posted in the correct section ??

Comment

My Wooldridge Blackspin IS the best thing since sliced bread

Comment

Originally Posted by carlos1981 View Post
                              My Wooldridge Blackspin IS the best thing since sliced bread
                              Carlos, are you an owner of a MW ??

Comment

Working...
                              X