Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I did say 'mouse' and not 'moose' as that would infer something really LARGE and my account is sorta fat right now.

OK, I went back to Mike's website and checked all the cues. I want what I want and there was only one model there that was still available and I almost bought it, went all the way to checkout before I thought to myself that I liked the other cues that have been 'sold out' better.

So I placed myself on the email notification list for almost any decent cue from MW03 to MW08 and all in between. Even though the Sharks are probably very good cues I think I would want to either use the VCM or else get one of Mike's specials.

And by the way...I have been attempting to get a specific cue from Mike for OVER 4 YEARS NOW with no success as Mike has always been busy with regular orders. Also, I have never seen any MW cues near my specs advertised either here or on eBay, although I don't check eBay too much since I saw one from Fedia for 1,500GBP and figured that was just a little too much.

I hope I have better success with either the email notifications or else VCM when it comes back on line. Until then all I can do is complain, but nobody's listening I guess

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 29 June 2012, 12:42 PM.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

It's almost at the stage when you will need to be invited to buy a MW cue. Sort of like Ferrari!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
        I am patiently waiting for the Ash Black Shark to no longer be sold out or appear in the sin bin!

I appreciate that true greatness can't be rushed though. :-)
        I was of the impression that the Deluxe has replaced the standard Ash Black Shark. From what I've seen the Deluxe model has a deluxe shaft but the same badge as before. I guess that doesn't rule out a return later on but surely something more concrete than nice chevrons is needed to identify the deluxe for those who spend the money.
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
          I was of the impression that the Deluxe has replaced the standard Ash Black Shark. From what I've seen the Deluxe model has a deluxe shaft but the same badge as before. I guess that doesn't rule out a return later on but surely something more concrete than nice chevrons is needed to identify the deluxe for those who spend the money.
          Awwwww, no way!!! Someone Say it ain't so!!
          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
            Awwwww, no way!!! Someone Say it ain't so!!
            It ain't so

Comment

Mike Wooldridge Blackspin

Mike would you fit on a john Parris ultimate and how much? Also where is your shop? Cheers Chris

Comment

Originally Posted by Chris Bedford View Post
                Mike would you fit on a john Parris ultimate and how much? Also where is your shop? Cheers Chris
                On his website it does say he will retrofit to any cue (within ferrule size that is - not below 8.?mm I believe) for £75 I think but his shop is "closed" at the mo.
                I believe his workshop is in the Portsmouth area and he does not have "visitors".
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mike Wooldridge Blackspin

Ahhh I know Portsmouth too! Might have to be buddies if he lets me lol!

Comment

for the last time:

EVERYONE STOP POSTING IN DIFFERENT THREADS>USE THE ORIGINAL THREAD FOR ANY QUESTIONS

PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...NEW*-BlackSpin
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      It ain't so
                      Lol, if you're not just making Giggity feel better, could you let me know why? I haven't seen many of these cues, maybe you have? I just recall seeing that neither the Legend or Deluxe have anything on the badge identifying them, from photos posted by members here. So I thought they were basically renamed CC01 and Shark models, with new names reflecting the recent changes in features, and nice chevrons on the deluxe which standard sharks didn't always have.

I could be wrong though... and easy enough to correct if so.
                      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                        Lol, if you're not just making Giggity feel better, could you let me know why? ......
                        When you go into Mike's shop, the normal Shark's are marked as "sold out", it doesn't make any mention of them being discontinued as you seem to be implying. And yes there is no mention of deluxe shafts on the badge (as far as i know) which as you say is a bit confusing come to time to sell it, (if you ever do), i guess keeping the receipt in this case would be a good idea

Comment

Working...
                        X