Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can get a cue tapered down for a smaller tip size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can get a cue tapered down for a smaller tip size?

i was thinking of buying a new cue with a small tip on it but i have a few already with larger tips i was wondering what companies would take down the cue shaft to make it thinner?
    IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Most cue makers will do that for you . Where abouts are ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Mate of mine got his done by Mastercraft in Shropshire. They can be trusted to do a good job. You would need to be clear how exactly you wanted it to be tapered eg from butt to tip or just the shaft? Remember that you will lose weight and possibly change the balance point.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        ..... You would need to be clear how exactly you wanted it to be tapered eg from butt to tip or just the shaft? Remember that you will lose weight and possibly change the balance point.
        I think just dropping down from say 10 to 9, or 9 to 8 will make no difference at all to weight/balance point. Its only if your going from say 11 on an old cue, down to 8 to use for pool you may notice the difference.
        Just last Monday i had Stu from Greenbaize take down an old cue from 10.8 down to 9.8, he just took down the last 8" or so, you can't even tell it's been done, excellent job and only £15 incl MW super tip

Comment

That's a great price . tip is £3 on it's own !
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            That's a great price . tip is £3 on it's own !
            Yep sure is, and it now doesn't put me off considering cues with bigger ferrules than i would like, as it's a cheap fix

Comment

Fantastic price. I think my mate paid twice that and then there was the postage to and back!! I got one of my cues re-tapered from butt to shaft and lost 1/2 oz. It was a centre jointed cue and the balance changed from 20" to 18". I think the cue-makers can pretty much do whatever you want (within reason) if you just tell them what you're tying to achieve. I'm always impressed by what these guys do.

Comment

thats because stu is one of the genuinely good guys.

Comment

i am near newcastle
                  IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Comment

Working...
                  X