robin cook alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robin cook alterations

Sent my old cannon cue off to robin cook on Tuesday to get a mini butt and fitting to the butt and to have my current long extension cut down slightly and have a new fitting to that added so it could also be screwed directly in to the butt as well. Really happy with the job, really clean and professional work, and I got it back Friday, top job and an absolute pleasure to deal with Robin too, anyone thinking of doing the same thing I would highly recommend his work.
    :snooker:

Nice one. These cue-makers do fantastic jobs. If you can fix up an old cue its cheaper than buying a new one and a lot less hassle trying to search around endlessly for a cue that you like. I'm sending off my old Powerglide Purist to Mastercraft (Shropshire) next week to have an SD joint fitted. I've had it for 30 years and really like it. Already got Mastercraft minis and extensions for my other cue so I want to have consistancy. I used Wright Cues of Hull (Forum member) to replace a centre joint and he did a fantastic job. The timber was splitting and I thought the cue was a gonner!

Comment

Kevin Muncaster fitted a joint in the butt of my cue to fit a mini-butt and an extension once. Arrived there a 9:30 and was back on my way home by 9:50... Only cost £45 for the joint and extensions.

Comment

robin cook alterations

I can absolutely agree Robin is a top craftsman and true gentleman.

Comment

Originally Posted by NorthWestJunior View Post
          Kevin Muncaster fitted a joint in the butt of my cue to fit a mini-butt and an extension once. Arrived there a 9:30 and was back on my way home by 9:50... Only cost £45 for the joint and extensions.
          Clearly quick-drying glue. lol. Definite benefit being within easy driving of someone.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
            Clearly quick-drying glue. lol. Definite benefit being within easy driving of someone.
            Only 30 minutes away. I think he said leave it 24 hours or something, went playing with it a few hours later buy hey :P No complaints yet though, been at least two years since I had it done and all is fine.

Comment

I didn't need Any of the extensions in the first game and thought bloody typical spend that money and i won't need to use them the first time but i did after that, of course i knew that i would use them at some point but was desperate to us them. I must admit that the idea of the large extension was great all those years ago but found I never really used it as it was a pain in the arse removing the butt even though the joint is a q/r, good one at that, but this spirolock joint that's been fitted is unbelievable, I don't actually think that its anywhere near one full turn. So happy I did it. I spoke with him on the phone and like I say, really nice fella and em, i might have ordered a new cue as well..... I've now got 14 months to improve....
              :snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X