dave coutts and will hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Mike Wooldridge says clearly on his shomepage, that his cues are usually not made from the beginning to the end by himself (he woludn't need his team else). John Parris cues are surely not made by John Parris.

I don't believe that Will Hunt take some cues from other hands, put some oil on it and sells them as his cues.

I have to say that some people here are very quick with calling cues "fake" or "bad quality", just having seen them on a pic. I'm doing physical material testing for 15 years now, I never would judge just on a picture.

The fact, a man does not deny something is not a prove at all that a accusation is the truth! This is one of the basics of modern jurisdiction!

I'm really annoyed by some guys here thinking they're knowing all and have seen all.

I purchased one of the Will Hunt - Cues on the homepage of Dave Coutts, I will write a review here when I receive the cue.

Please forgive me my bad english, as I said I spent much more time in school and university with physics and chemistry than with languages. :-)

Cheers
    mephisto

Comment

Sorry

i looked through the last 3 pages, but words "fake" and "bad quality" was not sighted. correct me if im wrong.

No one here is saying it is, like many others im also interested in what exactly is story here.

Good luck with your purchase and looking for forward to your review

Comment

Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
        ...I don't believe that Will Hunt take some cues from other hands, put some oil on it and sells them as his cues.......

The fact, a man does not deny something is not a prove at all that a accusation is the truth! ..........
        1) Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it all right
        2) Maybe, but it wouldn't hurt would it ????
        3) People with very good inside knowledge have made these accusations, surely a word from Will himself would just settle everyone's fears. No doubt in my mind they are still excellent cues, but i wouldn't be buying one thinking i was getting a cue totally made by Will

Comment

@ izzyfcuk
          No, you didn't call them "fake" or "bad quality". I seemed to me that this was your intention, I'm sorry if I misunderstood this.

@jrc 750
          I agree, my opinion doesn't make something wrong or right.

Comment

@mephisto - no harm done looking forward to ur review, come to think of it..haven't seen a review at all for these cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
              @ izzyfcuk
              No, you didn't call them "fake" or "bad quality". I seemed to me that this was your intention, I'm sorry if I misunderstood this.

@jrc 750
              I agree, my opinion doesn't make something wrong or right.

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
              Three perspectives

1. Business wise - i guess no wrong since if it weren't made entirely by WILL but he endorses it and bears his name.

2. Buyer (player) wise - Any "handmade" cue by any top cuemaker (TW, MW, JP etc) at that kind of price is affordable and just, or even say from craftsman, gbl etc. but to purchase a particular brand product only to be mis-interpreted, that is another ? mark

3. Buyer (collector) wise - Not made by WILL would equate to blasphemy since his cues are very sought after and fetches very insane ridiculous price.
              1. One cue maker CAN'T endorse another cue maker.. .he isn't a sportsman or top Snooker player
              2 Right
              3. Right
              Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                Nobody answering the question then eh....

I was under the impression that they are made out of the country and finished/badged by will..

If this is wrong it should be cleared up for sure so ppl don't get the wrong end of the stick yuh....

Are they made in whole by will or not, simple question really?
                Is anyone else abit curious as to why Coutts Cues is not replying to this???
                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                  Is anyone else abit curious as to why Coutts Cues is not replying to this???
                  TBF to them they are only acting as an agent on behalf of Will. For all they know Will might not have told them if he had made them himself or part finished them etc. I don't think there is anything suspicious with Dave or Louise as they are both as honest as the day is long. The only person who can genuinely answer the question is Will himself but as he is acting through an agent, that in itself should tell you something!

Comment

I would think if Louise and Dave are selling a product then they should either know the answer to this question or at least to talk to Will to find out. After all, it's they who are taking the buyer's money and they should be able to give each buyer the full story.

I have no proof but I suspect the blanks are made in Thailand and sent to Will for him to finish and badge them which still makes them a Will Hunt cue as he (I believe) would inspect them and return any he felt were inferior? Or am I being naive here?

In the case of JP, his apprentices are making most of the JP cues but I assume under his supervision although I would also suspect JP doesn't personally inspect every cue even though they have his name on them.

I ran into a similar problem with 'unclevit' where his workers produced a cue that just wasn't up to the standard of his previous ones and I suspect unclevit never saw that cue as he was busy with his military duties and the flooding at the time.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post

I have no proof but I suspect the blanks are made in Thailand and sent to Will for him to finish and badge them which still makes them a Will Hunt cue as he (I believe) would inspect them and return any he felt were inferior? Or am I being naive here?
                      Suprises me if he is going in that direction.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        are made in Thailand
                        probably China and not just shafts
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                          all cues will be accompanied with will hunt certificates stating a genuine handmade cue by will hunt, for those that have purchased already certificates will follow separate from cue in a special envelope so that the dont get bent in post, just awaiting my delivery of the envelopes!!!
                          Seems to me that says theyre handmade by him does it not? Considering how long he's been making them i really can't see him shifting down to finishing generic "blanks".

Comment

Wonder where his workshop is ? and why he is selling through an agent ?

Maybe does not want the grief of dealing direct with the public .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Well if i remember the gossip correctly, the whole cue was made elsewhere, and he just puts the badge on/finishing it off ???

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

Maybe does not want the grief of dealing direct with the public .
                                Couldn't blame him with how picky people are over cues these days, it used to be you specified length, weight, tipsize and occasionally butt diamater. Now its all that plus grain pattern, tighntess of grain, having the splices be sub milimetre perfect at the top and bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X