No announcement yet.

dave coutts and will hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they can be classed as fake, its a genuine Will Hunt cue, whether he made it from scratch himself is another matter. One thing is for sure i don't think Will would put his name to a cue that isn't up to scratch, they look good for the money..

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
      Right then is it just me thats confused lol i have the opportunity to buy one of these cues tomorrow or a Stamford series 1 but all this is conversation is doubting me which one to buy are these Will Hunt's genuine as dont want to spend my money on a fake really.
      Mine is very well made. Very. Last night took it to my local club. People who tried it were stunned with its feel and look. Had 58 and 34 on first frame with it.
      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

hi all
        i have got the pick of daves selection of cues as i am a very good customer of his --and i have got one of the new will hunt cues -- it is a fantastic cue all the splices are even - the ash shaft is awesome - better than some ultimate cues and other cues i have had --and i got a certificate signed by will hunt--all i know is that it is a fantastic cue it hits the ball very well is arrow straight and the finish is great too-
        i know dave very well and all i know is that Dave deals with many cue makers as he likes to have a good selection of the best cues in all price ranges, but to know who does what to each cue is unrealistic as by nature the cue making business is very secretive, but if Will who has vast experience in the cue making business is happy to put his name to a cue he must have done his homework to ensure a good cue at a very competitive price and to single Will hunt out when no one knows 100% for sure how much of the other cue makers do is unfair. Incidentally Dave offers a service where he will take picttures of the cue at different stages of making a cue and you can even call and see cue at any time.

Comment

Hi all,

I received my Will Hunt Greenplate (including certificate) I purchased on the website of Dave Coutts some days ago and had a lot of time to play with it.

Here a little review:

The "outside" of the cue:
          It' s dead straight, has a beautiful grained shaft, jet black plain ebony butt, the ebony splices are well done and of even length, joints and ferrule are the quality they should be and it has an excellent smooth and silky finish.

The "inside" of the cue:
          The cue is (to me) perfectly balanced, slightly forwarded. It's makes a clear and full sound when hitting the cueball properly. The stiff shaft gives an outstanding response, all feels solid and dense. The complete playing feeling is "right".

This cue perhaps doesn't make me a better player like a Peradon, I don't know if it's the best cue money can buy like a MW, I'm not sure if it's the finest cue in the world like a Osborne cue, I also can't judge if it's the ultimate in cue Craftsmanship like a John Parris.

All I can say is : It's a fantastic cue, i love to play with it and in my opinion it's worth every penny I paid for it and I would buy this cue again and again.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
            Hi all,

I received my Will Hunt Greenplate (including certificate) I purchased on the website of Dave Coutts some days ago and had a lot of time to play with it.

Here a little review:

It' s dead straight, has a beautiful grained shaft, jet black plain ebony butt, the ebony splices are well done and of even length, joints and ferrule are the quality they should be and it has an excellent smooth and silky finish.

The "inside" of the cue:
            The cue is (to me) perfectly balanced, slightly forwarded. It's makes a clear and full sound when hitting the cueball properly. The stiff shaft gives an outstanding response, all feels solid and dense. The complete playing feeling is "right".

This cue perhaps doesn't make me a better player like a Peradon, I don't know if it's the best cue money can buy like a MW, I'm not sure if it's the finest cue in the world like a Osborne cue, I also can't judge if it's the ultimate in cue Craftsmanship like a John Parris.

All I can say is : It's a fantastic cue, i love to play with it and in my opinion it's worth every penny I paid for it and I would buy this cue again and again.

Cheers
            Nope, if Will didn't personally squeeze it out of his buttocks (if there was room with everyone kissing them)... it clearly must be rubbish.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
              Hi all,

Here a little review:

The "inside" of the cue:

Cheers
              Post some pics in the cue thread

Comment

dave coutts and will hunt

Why would anybody pay over 500 notes for a cue that was'nt entirely made by the cuemaker. Surely if he only finished the cues off his part is barely worth about 200.

Comment

Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
                  Why would anybody pay over 500 notes for a cue that was'nt entirely made by the cuemaker. Surely if he only finished the cues off his part is barely worth about 200.
                  I take it that you're talking about my post #66. Coutts has yet to make any statement on this thread regarding Will's involvement in these cues. If you've read my post thoroughly you will see that I was not given straight answers in my dealings.
                  The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Just want to ask which famous cue maker could state all his hand made cues are made solely by himself from sratch ? I guess no or rare and therefore the question is which parts has he been involved.

Comment

Originally Posted by Samcheung001 View Post
                      Just want to ask which famous cue maker could state all his hand made cues are made solely by himself from sratch ? I guess no or rare and therefore the question is which parts has he been involved.
                      ?? Trevor White, Robert Osborne, Robin Cook, Kevin DeRoo, Glover ?? :shrug:
                      also, Jason Owen, Jim Evans, Raymo, Cue Doctor ??
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

1. The price was 295, not 500.
                        2. It's tough to judge the worth of a cue you've never seen or played with at "200".
                        3. What's the worth of a cue? The price of the wood? The price for the working hours? The name of the man who did it? The name on the plate? The quality of craftsmanship? The money somebody who wants the cue is willing to pay for it? The country it was made in (England, Thailand, China)? Alltogether?
                        Is a Robert Osborne Greenplate worth 450 inkl. VAT (like it was in the times of Hunt&Osborne) or 550+VAT (like it was with his latest cues)? Is "John Parris" a cuemaker or a brand?

Don't get me wrong, paddyboy30, I don't mean this in a sarcastic way. These are questions I'm really thinking about.

Cheers mephisto

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                          I take it that you're talking about my post #66. Coutts has yet to make any statement on this thread regarding Will's involvement in these cues. If you've read my post thoroughly you will see that I was not given straight answers in my dealings.
                          Wayne ......clear your inbox . Trying to PM you .

Thanks

Neil
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Samcheung001 View Post
                            Unless you know something that the rest of us don't, otherwise you are sure to ruffle a few feathers with that kind of statement

Comment

Just thought i would write a review on one of these Greenplates. The cue i had bought had one of the best shafts out there but for me it was too stiff played a little dead as there was not a enough response. The splices were not entirely even but they wasnt too far out from each other. But the best bit about the cue was the finish as it glided through your hand like it was brand new everytime you picked it up.

The cue is too stiff for me so will be going and i will be getting another Stamford in the next couple of days.

Comment

@Matt-10ant
                                would you be so kind please, to post some pics of the stamford when you have it...thx

Comment

Working...
                                X