Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much difference in scoring did a good cue make for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much difference in scoring did a good cue make for you?

Let's hear your stories and the brand of cue it was so we can see if it made a big difference or not. Also how rare do you think it is to find a really good cue ?

I play just as badly with a good cue as a bad cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by kramer8 View Post
      Let's hear your stories and the brand of cue it was so we can see if it made a big difference or not. Also how rare do you think it is to find a really good cue ?
      If the truth was known many of us are seeking the Holy Grail of cues and will never find it ! I changed to a one piece Craftsman cue and felt my game improved but it could just be in my mind,I also won a couple of important matches with a cheap Ronnie O Sullivan B.C.E. cue so the mind boggles !!!!!!!

Comment

First you need to define what is a 'Good cue' While a £600 cue may be nice to own, it may not be right for you as every cue plays slightly differently. There was a guy on here who spent lots on a custom Trevor white and while waiting for it used a cheaper cue. He ended up liking the cheaper cue so much that he sold the Trev as soon as he got it.

I had a cue for a while which was a great cue but it just didnt feel right for me. I persevered with it for ages but could not get on with it and it was effecting my confidence. I then got my current cue and was very lucky in that the first ball i hit with it just felt right. Its nothing expensive or 'boutique' but for me its perfect and that makes it irreplaceable. I would never sell it even if someone offered me 4 times what its worth. To me its priceless and the one I will keep for life.

So yes, it did make a big difference in that I could concentrate my attention on playing rather than thinking about the cue all the time. My confidence improved massively.

Comment

I tried my mates sherwood and boy is that a good cue, the ash just feels properly matured and solid. 30mm butt that feels great in the hand. The cue is a dream cue, that only cost £150. 21oz cue that really works and doesn't feel heavy. He won't sell it for any price, and I don't blame him. Point is, he tried three other sherwoods that he didn't like at all. Money spent doesn't equal a good cue. Wood varies so much, so a really expensive Parris could be a load of rubbish compared to a stock cue off the shelf. I am becoming quite cynical about expensive custom cues full stop now, so please excuse my negativity.
          Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Working...
          X