Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending a cue

Hiya
    Just sold a cue on eBay and realized I have nothing to send it in, I live in Sheffield anyone know where I can get something to send it in?

hi aucott were in sheffield do you live,if near me got loads of tubes,if not go to any diy place and buy 1 1/2 metres of 2ins waste pipe

Comment

hi m8 go to your local wickes or summit and get a length of 41mil plumbers pipe cut it to 1,5 metres no more as the post office wont send it bit bubble wrap either end and centre bobs ya uncle cost me the other day £11.60 insured

hope this helps
      paul

Comment

Kelham island mate but don't drive nomore.
        Is it the copper pipe stuff? Can't see it in 41mm? Cheers

Comment

no mate its the plastic grey or white or black stuff

Comment

Normally white and 41mm you want as thats abit more sturdy! And if you get this some Post Offices send it Special Delivery Approx £6.70 Bargain.

Comment

i always send mine in 1 1/2" waste pipe but you must make sure that the ends are well sealed as i have had loads delivered with cues poking out of the end and damaged. I use hardboard cut to the same size as outside diameter and then tape with gaffa tape and then go over with packing tape. i also tape a piece of 2 x 1 pine to tube so that it cannot bend as i have had cue get bent in past in a tube only. if you ever look in the back of a delivery van you will see what i mean!!
              Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
              Hiya
              Just sold a cue on eBay and realized I have nothing to send it in, I live in Sheffield anyone know where I can get something to send it in?

Comment

There's a couple of other threads on this subject plus other threads on which courier to use.
                IMO I think the "pipe inside a pipe" approach is a good solution. First you put some bubble wrap round the cue and put it into a 40mm plastic pipe. (costs about £1.99 from B&Q/Wickes). Next you bubble wrap the 40mm pipe and put it inside a 50mm pipe. (this pipe is about £6.99.). There's also 68mm pipe which allows for more bubble wrap.
                I've seen metal fishing rod tubes which are quite robust but they're expensive compared to plastic pipe.
                Picking up on Louise's point I guess nothing is 100% safe if a 20 stone delivery driver decides to stand all over your parcel! If you're sending an expensive TW/JP etc good insurance cover becomes essential.

Comment

I think you will find it is too long for the Royal Mail SD so I always use http://www.interparcel.com/

edit.... http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau..._weights_1.pdf
                  Last edited by Steve748; 28 June 2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

our post office does up to 1 1/2 m

Comment

Mine does not, I tried to post a cue and they said it was too long and showed me what you see above.

Comment

try www.gwizz.com they good price and dont sting you too much on insurance

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                          try www.gwizz.com they good price and dont sting you too much on insurance
                          If you wanted to drive it from the US they would be a great help lol

Comment

oops www.gwizz.co.uk!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                              Either they've gone through the hoop, or that's the wrong address again.

Comment

Working...
                              X