No announcement yet.

Fake cues... and errr, replicas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last 18" of the cue (towards the tip) is has no taper - you don't see that many. most old cues you see on ebay will be traditional snooker tapers. Whippyness is another matter, and very subjective imho.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah what he said

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        The last 18" of the cue (towards the tip) is has no taper - you don't see that many. most old cues you see on ebay will be traditional snooker tapers. Whippyness is another matter, and very subjective imho.
        Thanks fellas and also one other thing, ive only handled a few older cues (say 50s or earlier) not that many times over the years but what i noticed from a few was that they were quite butt heavy regardless of weight. The balance point seemed to be much farther back than a nice 17in, would this be the case generally with most older cues or just some?

Comment

A snooker taper Generally if 9.5 will taper gradually taper 1mm every 90-100mm down the shaft,à billiard taper would ne 10 mm at tip and 10mm down the shaft for about 300-400mm hopr that explains

Comment

Cheers Jim

Comment

Working...
            X