X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request

I have a bit of a strange request

I have been tinkering with making a cue for myself

Problem is here in South Africa I cannot source any good length of maple or ash

So I am making the request out here if the is anyone who could help in sourcing either good uncut plank lengths or cut 35 squares of 60 inches for me to have a proper go at this

I have had a go with some ash length I bought locally but I am constantly disappointed when blemishes appear on the wood after all the hard work of shaping the lengths

I now wish to have a go at a proper piece of wood.

I am not looking to make this a business but just a hobby as I have a good job and have no intention of giving that up to do cue making anytime soon lol

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

request

Dave coutts is selling some ash on his eBay account

Comment

Dave Coutts and sometimes Jason Owen , shipping will cost though.

Comment

I am looking for timber and not full lenght dowels guys

thanks

Comment

Sanman , my friend , Dave Coutts e-bay shop , 230773868365 these are 59" x 35mm x 20mm , flat sided blanks , not dowels (dowels being round section) , I know you want 35x35mm , but this might be a good compromise.Cut and stored dry as well , although they could move due to difference in temp/humidity in S.A. Hope this helps.
          Last edited by old school; 30 June 2012, 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks evenif it did move enough room to straighten out a bend unless it is so severe as to bend more than 10 mm.

Comment

Working...
            X