Hunt or Osborne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt or Osborne

Had anybody had the luxury of owning cues from both cue makers and can give an opinion on which one they prefer?

Thanks

You will be lucky to find an original Hunt for less than £900 at the moment .

For me i prefer a Robert Osborne cue but i am biased .....had 3 of them !

Played with a couple of original Hunt cues and they are good cues .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi,
      I have had both in fact have had, hunt and obyrne, will hunt , robert osborne, and hunt and osborne, they have all been very good, the best of these was a will hunt cue but robert actually made it as he was working for will just before thy paired up as hunt and osborne. I have a parris right now an it plays every bit as well as these cues and john was able to make it to the same specs I.E longer splices all 100% even all around , I asked him to do this because its the look I like with what I would say the very best shaft...see pics

053.jpg054.jpg057.jpg095.jpg096.jpg
      Last edited by buddfridgeman; 4 July 2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=buddfridgeman;653494]Hi,
        I have had both in fact have had, hunt and obyrne, will hunt , robert osborne, and hunt and osborne, they have all been very good, the best of these was a will hunt cue but robert actually made it as he was working for will just before thy paired up as hunt and osborne. I have a parris right now an it plays every bit as well as these cues and john was able to make it to the same specs I.E longer splices all 100% even all around , I asked him to do this because its the look I like with what I would say the very best shaft...see pics

Robert was working on his own prior to Will joining him to form Hunt & Osborne .

Comment

A few more..and I wouldnt swap this for any of the others,they are all great cues but I guess the thicker brass joint for me any way prob. added a little to much weight..that would be the only reason .the parris is dead on 18oz and my others were always 19+ oz.

106.jpg122.jpg111.jpg121.jpg115.jpg
          Last edited by buddfridgeman; 4 July 2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Neil..

yeah thats only half the story though. I went down to near liverpool st station in london to pick up my will hunt cue and on arrival was let in the unit by robert ,will was late , the first time I had ever met robert..we chatted as robert finished off my cue and he had made it from scratch he worked / was employed by will ,before going alone and then reforming as hunt and osborne..

I think if I remember right it was in cues..will hunt [robert working for him] robert osborne [alone] then hunt and osborne[ equal partners] now robert osborne [alone] again.
            Last edited by buddfridgeman; 4 July 2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Hunt or Osborne

Not a fan of the joint they use, just looks far too chunky compared to others on the market.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                Not a fan of the joint they use, just looks far too chunky compared to others on the market.
                Not an issue for 1 piece cues.

Comment

Hunt or Osborne

Kinda stating the obvious there
                  Last edited by narl; 4 July 2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

for what its worth , I thought the joint was a thing of beauty , just the down side of the weight..
                    each to there own though.

Comment

Originally Posted by buddfridgeman View Post
                      Neil..

yeah thats only half the story though. I went down to near liverpool st station in london to pick up my will hunt cue and on arrival was let in the unit by robert ,will was late , the first time I had ever met robert..we chatted as robert finished off my cue and he had made it from scratch he worked / was employed by will ,before going alone and then reforming as hunt and osborne..

I think if I remember right it was in cues..will hunt [robert working for him] robert osborne [alone] then hunt and osborne[ equal partners] now robert osborne [alone] again.
                      There was a long gap from when he left Will and they formed a partnership.....probably 15 years .

Comment

Neil..

You are getting mixed up my friend, If I remember right I took my wife and daughter with me to pick up the will hunt cue that robert made, she was in a push chair then, she has just turned 9 now and we have had will hunt with robert then robert osborne then hunt and osborne and now robert osborne again, all these changes in just nine years..so 15 years between is way way off.Now in all hounesty I could be a few months or a year or so out at worst because I made a few trips and one or two came before my daughter, but I can seem to recall walking from the unit and catching a bus near the unit with wife and daughter, and I only ever visited that unit once , got off at liverpool st station and had a 20 min walk to get there, I think it was 2003 or 2004 will hunt robert working for him..

Are you thinking of hunt and obyrne , and will hunt cues ? as this was about the 15 years apart.
                        Last edited by buddfridgeman; 4 July 2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by buddfridgeman View Post
                          for what its worth , I thought the joint was a thing of beauty , just the down side of the weight..
                          each to there own though.
                          I didn't like them at first but am starting to agree. It's part of their unique style and gives them quite an authentic look I think.
                          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

There joints are the best available imo, the thicker threads never wear through like i have seen with plenty other cue makers, quite a lot of people i know have other cue makes but have had the hunt joints installed as the old joints had worn and kept coming loose.

Comment

Working...
                            X