Dalbergia Splices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalbergia Splices

Just saw this yesterday, an amazing looking wood spliced onto ebony. But is it real, enhanced, or just painted? Looks like tiger stripes but I thought Dalbergia was a rosewood, not something so fancy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/57-3-4-Vie...ht_8609wt_1270

Needless to say the cue is probably awful to play with, the ash grain in the pic doesn't look the nicest and all that varnish, well.............................................. .
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Nice case if your Peter Stringfellow lol
    Looks like an interesting wood, says it's from Vietnam, maybe it's different from other wood of same name ??

Comment

Supposedly made in Canada by 'Mathew'. Yeah, I'm thinking that the whole butt spliced with that Dalbergia would be a cue on fire. But the guy says it's very light and Dalbergia floats in water, so I'm guessing the cue would be lighter too?

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
        Supposedly made in Canada by 'Mathew'. Yeah, I'm thinking that the whole butt spliced with that Dalbergia would be a cue on fire. But the guy says it's very light and Dalbergia floats in water, so I'm guessing the cue would be lighter too?
        Friend of mine bought that cue. Was varnished to fook and splicings were painted on. He said the smell of the amount of varnished used was pungent!! He kept the case and sold on the cue and says even now (1 year on) you can smell the varnish from the amount that was on the cue he got.

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

Dave, it's amazing that they get away with it on ebay, repeatedly, when the cue is a complete fake, compared to the description. Dreadful for the unsuspecting customer. Aurora sound fabulous in comparison! lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
            Dave, it's amazing that they get away with it on ebay, repeatedly, when the cue is a complete fake, compared to the description. Dreadful for the unsuspecting customer. Aurora sound fabulous in comparison! lol
            Yeah but people still buy them for some reason . . . . anyway , it says they are made in canada . . . but the cue comes from Shenzhen in china which is one of the biggest manufacturing cities in China . . . so no doubt they are made in China !!!! So the Whole Canada thing is BS !!

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

I agree with you.I am from China.I knew the cues are shipped from China.I have no idea why the seller said it shipped from Canada.Maybe it will help the seller to make more profit. But its a cheat.I also sell Quality Chinese cues on Ebay.But I described that I shipped from Hongkong.
              MT Billiards

Comment

Originally Posted by Spring88 View Post
                I agree with you.I am from China.I knew the cues are shipped from China.I have no idea why the seller said it shipped from Canada.Maybe it will help the seller to make more profit. But its a cheat.I also sell Quality Chinese cues on Ebay.But I described that I shipped from Hongkong.
                There are some very good cues being made in China. These fakers ruin China's reputation and they should be stopped from producing and selling this rubbish for the poor customer who has spent time and money on ebay. Spring, what cues do you have for sale, what is your seller's name on ebay?

Comment

Working...
                X