Terry's Exquisite Cue (Now for Sale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry's Exquisite Cue (Now for Sale)

(That title should read 'Regrettably Now for Sale' - couldn't edit the title)

Here are some pics of my new Exquisite cue from raymo147. The colours look a little washed out as I use strong neon lighting on my table so these older eyes can see clearly.

I received the cue about a week ago and have been giving it a good test for the last 4 days.

My order was 57", 9.4mm, 18.5oz, 29mm, 17" balance. The cue arrived well packed and measured at 57", 9.65mm, 18.54oz, 28.9mm and 17" balance, so very close with only the ferrule size slightly larger. I did change the tip to the same tip I have on my TW playing cue as I set about comparing the two cues.

First thing I did was to reduce the ferrule size down to 9.5mm. Then I tried all kinds of test shots, from shooting the spots with my TW and then switching to the Exquisite, long blues, blacks off the spot with running side, blacks off the spot with deep screw and side, clearing the colours and finally the line-up. After that I played regular frames. (I had one ton with the Exquisite and none with my TW - go figure!)

I found the workmanship to be absolutely first class. In fact I had an older H&O Green Plate cue here with the same tulipwood splices and I would be hard put to tell the difference if I couldn't see the badges. For a newer cuemaker Raymond is doing a great job and I know he will be getting a lot of orders (see below).

The ash shaft had evenly spaced chevrons but what I liked the best is the side grain was absolutely straight with no variance. This was a quality piece of ash.

As far as playability goes, once I reduced the ferrule size I found the cue to be as accurate as my TW with very little throw when using side. Long potting was great and control when in the balls was excellent. However, I prefer a medium flex shaft and I found this shaft to be on the medium-stiff side which was my error as I never specified to Raymond exactly what shaft flex I wanted.

As a result of that I intend to order another Exquisite cue and this time I will specify exactly what I want with the shaft flex as I'm certain Raymond can meet that demand. So now I have a brand-new Exquisite cue for sale for which I paid just north of 300GBP (including 2 extensions and shipping) and I will consider any reasonable offers since I would like to sell this one and order another from Raymond soon as he does such good work (and if he's taking orders).

PM me with any offers or email me at - terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com - if you want more pics

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 5 July 2012, 11:27 PM.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner
Working...
X