Mannock replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
    original mannocks were avaliable in both.
    i did not know that. i've only ever seen machine spliced mannocks and i've never been that bothered about the history so i assumed that's what they were.

are there pics of original hand spliced ebony mannocks somewhere?
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

He means the front splice Mike.

2 different types

Come on man you are supposed to be 'The Cuefather '
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
        i did not know that. i've only ever seen machine spliced mannocks and i've never been that bothered about the history so i assumed that's what they were.

are there pics of original hand spliced ebony mannocks somewhere?
        Perhaps this comment was aimed at the question of Thuya burl & snakewood, rather than hand & machine spliced ?

Comment

oops, my bad.

thought mattyshinobi was commenting on my comment about machine spliced ebony.

i best get back in the workshop and do something useful...
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

yes it was aimed at the machine spliced ebony. but also correct is that the mannock was avaliable in handspliced version. but obviously very rare and i have only seen pics of 2. i dont know if they were specially customed or one off's but they are out there.

Comment

you mean as in that's what it should be, or should i say, the definition of the word replica?

nice work jason, and not taking anything away here, but it's been irritating me for some time when people call these mannock replicas. they are not replicas.

now, find yourself some ebony machine spliced blanks and add the hand splicing and you are closer to a replica.

keep up the good work regardless.
              yes it was aimed at the machine spliced ebony. but also correct is that the mannock was avaliable in handspliced version. but obviously very rare and i have only seen pics of 2. i dont know if they were specially customed or one off's but they are out there.
              My knowledge of Mannocks is based almost entirely on the superb example that Matty was kind enough to sell me earlier this year. I was also under the impression that they only ever came in the machine-spliced variety. What I was trying to say was that Jason's "replica"/"reboot" actually looks even better than my Mannock, however, I prefer the pointy splices on mine.

It's a strange one because I think a lot of people look down on the "machine-spliced" look, but on some cues it can look absolutely stunning...

Comment

so you were talking to me then...

well i've seen plenty of mannock 'replicas' posted right here, using hand spliced ebony. but never an original.

if they were made with hand spliced ebony, i stand corrected. i am no expert on old cues. i only know what i've seen.

but fact remains, 99.9% of people would associate mannock with 'pointy' machine spliced ebony.
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i started making one out of and old cue with pointy bits and made a rete ballrocks of it

Comment

lol jim...
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

There was a handspliced one on the MM sometime earlier this year, had been jointed above the splices though.

Comment

Mannock replica

What's mm?
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

What's mm?
                          The for sale forum i mean, im thinking members market from another forum. Mike could you check your email and see if you think theres any hope for that stick in the pics? :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                          X