Pro Butt Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Butt Size

What width butts are the pros using I wonder? Let's start with ROS, Judd, Higgins, Hendry and the Melbourne Machine. Come in statos!
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Doesn't really matter what they use does it ??? by copying them it won't make you a better player will it ???
    But i think Ros is around 29.5, and Hendry around 28 or even less

Comment

I think I read somewhere that Hendry ( and John Higgins ) go down as slim as 26mm.

Comment

I have the cue Mike made for Hendry. The butt is 27 mm. Pretty slim . Feels pretty small and solid in my hands.

Mike also made me other cues at 29mm. I think 29 mm fits me the best

Comment

Originally Posted by superman32 View Post
          I have the cue Mike made for Hendry.
          Mike Wooldridge?

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
            Mike Wooldridge?
            Yes mate. He made one for Hendry with black spin on.

Comment

Pro Butt Size

Stephen Maguire uses a 28mm butt.
              My deep screw shot
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Doesn't really matter what they use does it ??? by copying them it won't make you a better player will it ???
                But i think Ros is around 29.5, and Hendry around 28 or even less
                Slimmer butt do feel good in hand.
                Anything over 30mm will feel uncomfortable for majority of us.
                My deep screw shot
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                  Slimmer butt do feel good in hand.
                  Anything over 30mm will feel uncomfortable for majority of us.
                  Yes this has been a revelation for me. My timing is so much better with the slimmer butt.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Here is a thread from 2008, read Trevor's post. Helpful as always:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...=BUTT+DIAMETER
                    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

BTW, after using cues from 28.7mm to 30.50mm, i think 29.5mm-30.25mm is more of the same after few weeks with each.
                      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

I find that slimmer butts actually help you to get through the cueball better, i.e. a slim butt helps you to form a loose or "cradling" grip which I like to call it, and it can eliminate some snatching on the cue during delivery which can cause your cue to go off-line. I have used a 27.5mm butt before, so I guess I can adapt to slim or average butt sizes.

Another thing to note is the taper of the cue. I have come across a cue with 29.5 butt but feels so thick until I tried measuring the diameter from the butt end up. It only starts to taper down to the tip after around 5" from the butt, which explains why it felt so thick! So amazed by the fact that we can feel so much of a difference with even 0.5 to 1mm change in the butt size or tapering.
                        John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

I like Big butts and i cannot lie.....

Well maybe not. Prefer 29-30mm myself.

Comment

Taper does seem to be an important factor. I have a cue I know longer use with a 32.8mm butt and it's lovely for the back fingers. It has quite a taper on it, so it's not like gripping something massive up front.
                            Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

john used to use one that was like 26mm but not has had his new cue made to 28 am sure although i've only seen it once. he had the cue that was 26 re-spliced to 28mm last year which was part of the reason he got this new cue since he didnt like the way the old cue tapered and wasnt a straight taper

Comment

Working...
                              X