Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who developed Hand Splicing?

According to peradon they did, its featured in their marketing blurb video:

That being said im pretty sure hand spliced cues existed before peradon started making cues, Burroughes & Watts were making cues decades before Peradon even came into being iirc. Was there a technique that preceeded the wide \ narrow splice technique, maybe thats what theyre laying claim to?

There's a thread on here asking what kind of cue Joe Davis used, so I guess this answers the question.

If you listen carefully they don't say they invented cue splicing in general, just 'their own method'. Inferring they have the best method but of course it's not any different from any other cuemaker.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      There's a thread on here asking what kind of cue Joe Davis used, so I guess this answers the question.

If you listen carefully they don't say they invented cue splicing in general, just 'their own method'. Inferring they have the best method but of course it's not any different from any other cuemaker.

Terry
      They do say they "developed" it though (marketing guff), was interested to see if any other method existed besides the one thats used today with the narrow \ wide splice method.

Comment

Who perfected it is the more important thing. I mean even splicing top and bottom.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
          Who perfected it is the more important thing. I mean even splicing top and bottom.
          Mike Wooldridge, simples.

Comment

yeah he does do perfect splicing

Comment

Could he splice a pig and an elephant like Dr Mafesto from South Park...?

Comment

Dont give him any idea

Comment

Working...
                X