Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet cue

Hi,

I have just received a new snooker cue today and the butt of the cue has got wet in transit.
    It is not soaking wet, but the damp looks to have soaked in as the butt end of the tube was packed with newspaper.

What should i do to dry out the cue? anything special i should do?

Cheers
    Cam

dry the cue down with a cloth best you can mate and just lay down on flat surface to dry

Comment

Do not try to speed the drying with any heat, let it dry at room temperature.
      Aborbant kitchen paper towels to abosrb the bulk of the moisture.
      and as said before, cloth buff and laydown flat.
      all the best
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Do not try to speed the drying with any heat, let it dry at room temperature.
        Aborbant kitchen paper towels to abosrb the bulk of the moisture.
        and as said before, cloth buff and laydown flat.
        all the best
        very good point that mate, was gonna mention that. as speed drying it would warp the cue, seen this used on cues to straighten them aswell

Comment

Originally Posted by cam147 View Post
          Hi,

I have just received a new snooker cue today and the butt of the cue has got wet in transit.
          It is not soaking wet, but the damp looks to have soaked in as the butt end of the tube was packed with newspaper.

What should i do to dry out the cue? anything special i should do?

Cheers
          Cam
          Who sent that cue? Was it in a cardboard tube packed with newspaper? Not so smart in the current weather conditions me thinks. Any porous tube should have at least been taped or bagged to stop water getting in. This is Britain!
          Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Working...
          X