My new gbl from stu !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new gbl from stu !!!

So been playing for about 2 years and want to buy a new cue, read nothing but great things about Stu and his GBL cues so i email him "Hi Stu interested in maybe buying a new cue" 57" 9.5 tip 3/4 Maple shaft, within 10 minutes I get a reply Hi Keith let me look round the shop and i will come back to you. 4 hours later I have pics of 2 cues that are to my spec, I choose a C3 GBL. I phone Stu and tell him that as I live 5 hours away would he have a go with the cue and give me some feed back which he does, he then puts a new Pheonix Tip on. We agree on price and the next day I have my Cue along with other "BITS AND BOBS" that Stu gave me. The Cue itself is the best I have seen and a few of my Snooker team mates have Parris, it is the "Rolls Royce of Cues" I could do with Stu showing me how to use it properly though as my skills dont as yet do the Cue justice. The hit with this cue is just so crisp. The point of this thread well just to say how good the GBL Cues are and what an absolute genuine guy Stu is to deal with. Anyone thinking of getting a new cue would not go wrong in dealing with Stu. I am going back to him early next month for extns and a case.

hi,
    Stu is a good bloke, I know him very well , he lives near me and is well respected in our local snooker scene, I often have a run over to the snooker club and have a look at his cues and he really has some nice ones, long ones too as I play with a longer cue. He has done me some good turns so just returning the favour...Cheers Stu mate ..keep it going top man.

Comment

Gbl cues are excellent cues and great value for money .

Comment

From 20 odd cues i have my main playing cue is a gbl. They are that good. Perfect splices and faultless materials with excellent finish. Quality at prices that wont be matched or beaten by any UK cuemaker. Now when are u gonna be starting with the custom series stu.

Comment

I'm not sure the going the custom route will be a good idea in all honesty. Firstly I think that many people are usually disappointed when they have cues custom made, you have an idea in your mind of the design and the specs to your liking but often the cue doesn't play how you'd hoped. I think the good thing with Stu and his set up is that when you have stocks of around 2-300 cues you are bound to find one you like and its probably not at the spec or design you intended. Better still when someone like Stu can select something based on the hit and size preference you need.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            I'm not sure the going the custom route will be a good idea in all honesty. Firstly I think that many people are usually disappointed when they have cues custom made, you have an idea in your mind of the design and the specs to your liking but often the cue doesn't play how you'd hoped. I think the good thing with Stu and his set up is that when you have stocks of around 2-300 cues you are bound to find one you like and its probably not at the spec or design you intended. Better still when someone like Stu can select something based on the hit and size preference you need.
            Such a wise comment.
            Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Gbl cues are excellent cues and great value for money .
              Their tips are the dogs danglies, the best layered buffalo you can get. Just one is better than an entire box of blue diamonds IME.

Comment

What tips are you referring to muck

Comment

Originally Posted by gooner52 View Post
                  he then puts a new Pheonix Tip on.
                  this one I think
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Used to use phoenix tips but had and seen so may delaminate after a few hours use i would not buy them again .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      Used to use phoenix tips but had and seen so may delaminate after a few hours use i would not buy them again .
                      Completely agree. Great cues, awful tips. Flame is selling Omins (3 for £6 incl. postage) on TSF. Bargain and they don't fall apart. As good as a Talisman and chalks up better. Worth a go if you like laminates.

Comment

I've been told the Omin layered tips are made at the next desk over from the Talisman and are from the same stock. Just normally the Omin tips are red to differentiate them I guess.

On the Phoenix tips, they were recommended to me by Stu Green and I bought 10 of the Phoenix M blacks and I've never had a problem with them. I have one on my playing cue and it gets 4 hours every day at least and it's been on for over 3 months now with never a problem. I think there's still another good 3 months left in it but that will be the start of our season so I'll probably change it before then. I do find them superior to the Kamui blacks, both M and MH.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          I've been told the Omin layered tips are made at the next desk over from the Talisman and are from the same stock. Just normally the Omin tips are red to differentiate them I guess.

On the Phoenix tips, they were recommended to me by Stu Green and I bought 10 of the Phoenix M blacks and I've never had a problem with them. I have one on my playing cue and it gets 4 hours every day at least and it's been on for over 3 months now with never a problem. I think there's still another good 3 months left in it but that will be the start of our season so I'll probably change it before then. I do find them superior to the Kamui blacks, both M and MH.

Terry
                          you are rite Terry,most ofthe thailand tip are made by same company,even some of other brand in other country are made by this company too.i got a box of omin red coming soon.i will get you some to try if you like.

Comment

Working...
                          X