Maguire wins PTC1 with new GBL cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by stus cues View Post
    Darren I think they all had the brass badge's it would be nice to know who has the other three ? We could start a owners club.

Just been reading the posts in this thread, I can give you some answers.
    The brass limited edition badges were only placed in 5 cues, a few reasons why I didn't continue with them.
    We had numbers 1 - 100 brass badges made on a 15mm diameter you never know I might use some in the future ?

At present the GBL cues are known as C1 - C9 each number being a diffferent splice designs.
    This is all changing for our batch of GBL cues being made at present ( We hope to get in May )
    I'm going to name each style of cue from plain ebony to a 12 splice design.
    Some splice designs are going to be different from current, effectively I'm creating a new GBL range of cues.
    The quality will be just as good as always, I'm changing a few things which you will find out when we release the new ranges.
    One thing I can let you in on is the new 3/4 jointed GBL cues will be jointed by Dave Coutts using his new Radial joint, these joints aren't cheap so prices will be more when buying a GBL that has a Radial joint fitted.

For those of you that don't know about our new shop you should check out the pictures on the website @ www.greenbaize.com
    The newset up is working very well, our aim is to provide a varied range of cues catering for all budgets.

Time to go now new year is coming !!!

Take care
    Stu
    www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenBaize View Post
      Just been reading the posts in this thread, I can give you some answers.
      The brass limited edition badges were only placed in 5 cues, a few reasons why I didn't continue with them.
      We had numbers 1 - 100 brass badges made on a 15mm diameter you never know I might use some in the future ?

At present the GBL cues are known as C1 - C9 each number being a diffferent splice designs.
      This is all changing for our batch of GBL cues being made at present ( We hope to get in May )
      I'm going to name each style of cue from plain ebony to a 12 splice design.
      Some splice designs are going to be different from current, effectively I'm creating a new GBL range of cues.
      The quality will be just as good as always, I'm changing a few things which you will find out when we release the new ranges.
      One thing I can let you in on is the new 3/4 jointed GBL cues will be jointed by Dave Coutts using his new Radial joint, these joints aren't cheap so prices will be more when buying a GBL that has a Radial joint fitted.

For those of you that don't know about our new shop you should check out the pictures on the website @ www.greenbaize.com
      The newset up is working very well, our aim is to provide a varied range of cues catering for all budgets.

Time to go now new year is coming !!!

Take care
      Stu
      I would avoid using radial pin in cues.
      I have experienced wood thread shredding into pieces over time in pool cue. I known a few other pool players having the same problems.

From experience, best pins to go for imo, are 3/8-10 flat based or 3/8-11 pins. If you are using 3/8-10 make sure the first 5mm of the metal thread is tapered or face off so that it won't cut the wooden female thread when inserting or joining the two sections together.

Having said this, radial joint near grip handle might not be as damaging
      as mentioned unlike pool cues where it is mid jointed.

Comment

Originally Posted by icem3n View Post
        I have experienced wood thread shredding into pieces over time in pool cue. I known a few other pool players having the same problems.

From experience, best pins to go for imo, are 3/8-10 flat based or 3/8-11 pins. If you are using 3/8-10 make sure the first 5mm of the metal thread is tapered or face off so that it won't cut the wooden female thread when inserting or joining the two sections together.

Dave Coutts seems to think they are the way to go, here is what he put on facebook
        "After loads of research I think this is the ultimate cue joint and will be using it on my cues from now on , it comes in stainless steel , titanium or G10 , so gives options when balancing a cue plus they feel more like a one piece cue , the style in pic is known as the sneaky Pete , but for standard 3/4 cues joint will be in the ebony and have black collars which are nearly invisible when looking at cue.
        One of the main reasons that drove me to look for a better joint than what is currently available is that most repairs on cues is the joint from all makes of cues making a noise or coming loose , this radial joint overcomes this and is tried and tested in America and trusted by there top cue makers"
        Couple of pics here
        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1420361&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7937370&type=1

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Dave Coutts seems to think they are the way to go, here is what he put on facebook
          "After loads of research I think this is the ultimate cue joint and will be using it on my cues from now on , it comes in stainless steel , titanium or G10 , so gives options when balancing a cue plus they feel more like a one piece cue , the style in pic is known as the sneaky Pete , but for standard 3/4 cues joint will be in the ebony and have black collars which are nearly invisible when looking at cue.
          One of the main reasons that drove me to look for a better joint than what is currently available is that most repairs on cues is the joint from all makes of cues making a noise or coming loose , this radial joint overcomes this and is tried and tested in America and trusted by there top cue makers"
          Couple of pics here
          https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1420361&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7937370&type=1
          G10 is a no no for me.

G10 is like an abrasive sandpaper for wood.

Comment

Ralph,

Did you happen to measure the ferrule and butt end of Stephen's cue?
            (With digital caliper).

Also did you weight the cue??

What is the balance point?

I would like to know the spec.Thanks.

Comment

After 10 years playing with a second hand cue that had seen better days [and better frames by the previous owner!], after alot of online research I took the leap of faith bought a GBL cue from Stuart Green earlier this year. Generally very happy with the workmanship and finish of it and it wasn't over priced compared to alot of hand made cues. Stu will remember me as the first cue I choose from him in May when it got couriered to me was totally smashed. It was very well packaged and protected and marked fragile but when it arrived looked like it had been run over by a forklift truck! Just goes to show that perhaps you shouldn't post snooker cues unless they are in a case, in a case and then in a case!
              Supporting grassroots snooker in Essex, England

http://www.swdsl.co.uk/
              http://www.braintreesnookerleague.co.uk/

Comment

Maguire wins PTC1 with new GBL cue

Doesn't matter what way you pack them or even in a case they will still find a way to smash them lol

Comment

Originally Posted by icem3n View Post

A quick answer to this, the thread isn't going directly into the wood, Dave is fitting a "phelonic" female thread ( No idea how to spell it sorry, if someone can correct me please do )

Dave mentioned about the G10 joints but we both didn't like the idea of those.
                  www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Talking about Coutts you never seem to see his Handmade by Dave Coutts cues come up for sale very often on ebay or people selling them

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Talking about Coutts you never seem to see his Handmade by Dave Coutts cues come up for sale very often on ebay or people selling them
                      ask and ye shall receive... :wink:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ave-coutts-cue
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Well would you Adam and Eve it. I talked that one up

Comment

cool cue !

Comment

Working...
                          X