Black Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
    Sold a vgc last year for a friend ,nice cue but not the best specs .Struggled to get £650
    and thats a good example - i think people think they are all worth £1200 personally i think they are doing £600-£800 depending on spec etc.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Seller would like to know what is wrong with the badge ADR147,do you mean the cue is not a true H & O.

Comment

Must admit, I have never seen a H&O cue with a round badge which is surface engraved. (It looks surface engraved anyway) They have all had the clear protective cover on them.

Also, the base of the butt and leather pads they fitted were more rounded than this one appears to be (though could have been replaced at some point) On this cue, it looks very coarse and almost like it has been ground off roughly. Hard to say for sure though as images are not that great.

At the end of the day, it's just another cue.

Comment

Your right trevs1 its just another cue,seller says that this cue was never fitted with a cover at all.He wonders if they were an added item at a later date,perhaps after the southwark showroom ?. Leather butt protector never been touched just wear,i guess for some its the first time seeing a H & O cue of this style.Sorry for the Not so good Pictures from his galaxy note.

Comment

Originally Posted by CALE1 View Post
            Seller would like to know what is wrong with the badge ADR147,do you mean the cue is not a true H & O.
            engraving is wrong and i would expect recent. wood on face splice is also not aged and pad looks wrong just does not feel right to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
              Must admit, I have never seen a H&O cue with a round badge which is surface engraved. (It looks surface engraved anyway) They have all had the clear protective cover on them.

Also, the base of the butt and leather pads they fitted were more rounded than this one appears to be (though could have been replaced at some point) On this cue, it looks very coarse and almost like it has been ground off roughly. Hard to say for sure though as images are not that great.

At the end of the day, it's just another cue.
              yes surface done and with no wear at all. could be just a replacement though.

Comment

Seller says your views are interesting ADR147,as you are not quite committing yourself to the (its a fake) line.Something tells him that for an Expert your not quite sure.

Comment

I like your replies Cale1.............it's all very intriguing . The 'Seller' says ...........He answers very quickly does your friend ' The Seller ' .

Seriously , it's the badge that is confusing the experts on here [ Me excluded ! ] . I've only ever seen the perspex cover over the badge .

I wonder if any other forum members have a badge similar to this one . Would need to be an early edition cue i think .

There must be a few collectors' who have early edition cues .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Black Plate

the cue looks very similar to the fake Parris cues been sold on eBay there to clean no ageing have seen a cue what was made in 87 and seen the receipt and will hunts drawing of the cue and the cue was refinished in 91 then packed away till it was sold and it's got a very nice golden colour to it

Comment

Morning Neil

Its like a murder mystery (without the murder of course). Wonder if ADR147 is checking with will hunt,if he knows him ?.

Comment

Seller says your views are interesting ADR147,as you are not quite committing yourself to the (its a fake) line.Something tells him that for an Expert your not quite sure.
                        i am not really an expert but i have seen a lot of them over the years. very hard to be sure about anything you don't have in your hand.

Comment

Seller says thats a great statement ADR147, you could put that in a joke somewhere.

Comment

Seller says thats a great statement ADR147, you could put that in a joke somewhere.
                            lol maybe you could. well it's only an opinion but i would also say the ebony in picture 4 of the second lot has far too much brown in it for a cue made in the early 1980's at that time jet black was everywhere. I don't really know will hunt but i doubt he would be able to tell you one way or the other either!

Comment

Everybody please be aware that the user CALE1 is also the user speculate http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...7065-speculate

I have banned both accounts as multiple accounts are not allowed on TSF the activity looks dodgy to me.

Again please do not purchase cues from new members, especially ones who seem to know everything about cues but have never been on TSF before.

If purchasing a cue from a member with less than 100 posts and with less than 12 months service on TSF then DO NOT send them electronic transfers for cues and try to make them list the cue on eBay for you to purchase through PayPal, but al be warned PayPal only protects you up to £500

If in doubt about a new member or someone selling a cue ASK ME or ADR147 for advice.
                              Last edited by ferret; 3 August 2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Black Plate

I knew it looked dodgy. Like i saic the ash looked brand new.

Comment

Working...
                                X