No announcement yet.

Shark shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sharpest of claws, the bluntest of words, all hail the cue father!
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Love it

Comment

Priceless

Comment

well i'm glad i made you all laugh a bit. after all, what's the point in anything without some humour in your life?

however, seriously, i've f*cking had it with snidey little people who make disparaging comments online, or send me sh*tty emails.

for over 25 years i have lived and breathed cues. everything i've done is self taught and i've never stop trying to improve, unlike most.

during that whole time, i've never once stopped making cues in my own workshop. that's a f*cking long time!

and what do i get? an intermittent stream of jumped up, self important wannabes, often with no genuine knowledge or skills, from which to comment, who contribute nothing themselves, but are always scouring the net criticising and generally just being the c*nt that they obviously are.

particle physics, you wanna import cues and badge them? go ahead, be my guest. i'll even help source them for you. i know a lot of the major far east producers, some quite personally, but if you think it's as easy as that, it proves what an idiot you are.

classic 'rumour' - "nobody is allowed to visit his workshop, must mean he doesn't make cues". so f*cking what! i've never seen cheryl cole's pussy but i know it exists (to be fair, i'd go there if i could, so i appreciate the frustration to an extent )

many years ago, people would turn up at my house day and night for cue work, and when i moved, i vowed never again. i don't want anyone to visit me cos i want my privacy. simple as that.

incidentally, those people from the early days often saw their cues being made. does that make those cues better than what i do now? no. i've moved on and improved a whole lot of stuff. does that mean i have to show, or 'prove' to you or anybody else. no. f*ck that! i'm done with taking that sh*t from customers who think cos they pay you a few hundred quid they get to sit on your back for the next couple of months and crack the whip.

a more recent 'rumour' - "he doesn't put pictures on the forum showing the cue being made, that must mean he doesn't make cues". guess what? i'm too f*cking busy, unlike the 'new' cue makers on here (no disrespect intended), who have carved out a business solely via this forum.

so who the f*ck do you, or anyone else, think you are, after 25+ years of hard graft, to 'question' me? go f*ck yourself...

my business was built the hard way, via word of mouth and recommendations. i owe you nothing. no explanation, no guarantee, nothing.

i do what i do, take it or leave it. so keep your ignorant nose out of my business. you don't have a clue what you are talking about, you're just a little sheep following a trail of rumours, more often than not borne out of jealousy.

p.s. 'new' cue makers - jason, jim, raymo, crispian, richy, anyone else i missed, the comment above is not a criticism, just an observation that some people 'demand' this should be done as standard. that's fine, i see how it helps you. but for me, i'll be f*cked if i'm gonna waste my time 'proving' anything to anyone. i wish you all the best of luck. some of you have had some help from me, we've had some chats, and you've had your own experiences of how 'difficult' dealing with (some of) the public can be...
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Go to bed mike you grumpy sod

i agree whith what your saying 100% as it is so easy nowadays with the power of the net ect. but why do you bring sheep in to it ?
            thats not nice

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
              Go to bed mike you grumpy sod

i agree whith what your saying 100% as it is so easy nowadays with the power of the net ect. but why do you bring sheep in to it ?
              thats not nice
              cos i knew that would attract our welsh members?
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                cos i knew that would attract our welsh members?
                I resemble that remark !

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                  I'm away to get a cloth to wipe up all the tea I just spat out all over the couch!!
                  Same. I've not long got in and now there's frickin' lucozade all over the place. Thanks Mike!

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                    Same. I've not long got in and now there's frickin' lucozade all over the place. Thanks Mike!
                    lucozade?!?

i'm really not sure where you've been. or if i want to party at your house...
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

oh well cant wait up all night watching this one, off to bed with a smile

Comment

lucozade?!?

i'm really not sure where you've been. or if i want to party at your house...
                        Haha, yeah. Not the best thing to take right before bed either. How's the orders for blackspins going? Would be good to see a player on the tour make it to the tv stages with one of those. ( just sayin' )

Comment

yeah i know.

but i've never given cues to anyone and ain't gonna start now.

if someone comes asking i'll do it, but i've always done cues for the 'little man', the ones who work hard for their money, and deserve quality for what they spend.
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

forgot to say, uptake on blackspin has been phenomenal, far greater than i expected.

actually been a pain cos it's made catching up on orders harder than ever.
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

forgot to say, uptake on blackspin has been phenomenal, far greater than i expected.

actually been a pain cos it's made catching up on orders harder than ever.
                              Well, that's great. Gradz m8. Looks like all that hard work and innovation is paying off! I really should be getting to bed tho.. *yawn*

Comment

Nite Mike. Gnite'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X