X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a secondhand cue

Hi guys,

New to the snooker forum.
    I am about to purchase a 2nd hand cue, other then verifying that it is genuine, what are the things i should lookout for and how to lookout for it?

Welcome to the forum. Avoid getting a cue that is laquer/varnished, check the cue is straight by looking down the cue don't roll it on the table. Hold the cue near the middle in one hand and give the butt a gentle tap to make sure there isn't a ting or rattle that could be a loose weight/joint/ferrule and check to see if the ferrule itself is level. That covers most things, good luck

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dave, much appreciated. Cheers

Comment

What's the correct price to pay for second-hand is always an issue and gets debated on the Forum from time to time. There's no correct answer of course but I've seen a few things on the Forum. Top of the range cues with long waiting lists (JP TW MW etc) seem to hold there value pretty well. Mid range hand-spliced (Craftsman, Mastercraft etc) don't hold their value as well as there's only about a 6-8 week waiting period for a new one. Maple doesn't sell as well as Ash it would appear unless its a "Conny".
        Anyone got any other "rule of thumb"?

Comment

If possible buy from a seller with a good reputation. Along with everything else said you should have no worries.

Comment

anyone got a rough idea how much a peradon crown cue 2 piece 9.25mm tip with cuecraft aluminium 2 piece case would be worth second hand? excellent condition
            trying to sell for a friend.
            many thanks

Comment

Working...
            X