Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue tips

Hi,

I haven't found a thread about this, but maybe there is one. What I wanted to ask if there is someone who can tell me what the advantages and disadvantages are of sorts of cue tips ( hard/soft etc.).

Thx for responses
    Koen

Its not so much of an advantage thing but more of personal preference and consistency in the quality of tips as a whole . Some players like a firm tip and go for a laminated tip while others prefer a softer tip and like elks , blue diamond etc . A good tip is a good tip and will do what is expected of it . I ,ve found that some tips are more respossive than others and allow you to play certain shots that require power for example to be hit a bit softer with the same response meaning you dont have to hit the white so hard . This leads to more accuracy . Some tips will pull and throw the white more than others aswell when using side .

Harder tips require more maintenance than softer ones as the chalk does,nt stick so well so requires a little scuff now n then , but tend to last a little longer , as long as they dont delaminate which they do now and then . they also take less time to bed in . Laminated tips are more expensive than pressed tips .
    Last edited by hotpot; 6 August 2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X