Ultimates gone up in price......again !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
    Not the best example of a Parris ultimate shaft, given that there are so few arrows on the top of the shaft the lines on the side are tighter than I would have expected. I would like to see the reverse side of the cue. That said there's nothing wrong with the cue.
    The price is high but then again we've had this conversation before. The truth is, like it or not ppl are prepared to pay top Doller for an off the shelf JP Ultimate with all the trimmings.

Could have been specced to have that amount of grain points on it, Theres another ultimate thats cropped up a few times over the last few months in the traditional style and it only has 4 or 5 grain points on it iirc, sellers relisted it about 3 times and is looking £1250 for it, was on up untill yesterday.

Just noticed fedia has added this to the description

The same as Ronnie O'sullivan
    Don't recall seeing much snakewood in Ronnies cue.
    Last edited by narl; 9 August 2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Not the best example of a Parris ultimate shaft, given that there are so few arrows on the top of the shaft the lines on the side are tighter than I would have expected. I would like to see the reverse side of the cue. That said there's nothing wrong with the cue.
      The price is high but then again we've had this conversation before. The truth is, like it or not ppl are prepared to pay top Doller for an off the shelf JP Ultimate with all the trimmings.

anyone paying anywhere near the asking price would be the Ultimate plonker!

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
        anyone paying anywhere near the asking price would be the Ultimate plonker!
        The money may seem like a lot to you and myself included, but you have to remember that this is pocket money to some ppl, who don't want to wait. I don't see how having money to burn makes you a plonker. I would say it makes you a lucky rich sod!

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
          Could have been specced to have that amount of grain points on it, Theres another ultimate thats cropped up a few times over the last few months in the traditional style and it only has 4 or 5 grain points on it iirc, sellers relisted it about 3 times and is looking £1250 for it, was on up untill yesterday.

Just noticed fedia has added this to the description

Don't recall seeing much snakewood in Ronnies cue.

the old Ronnie spec cue trick sure to sell it now! lol

Comment

The money may seem like a lot to you and myself included, but you have to remember that this is pocket money to some ppl, who don't want to wait. I don't see how having money to burn makes you a plonker. I would say it makes you a lucky rich sod!
            Well if it happens to meet your spec and you have the money, personally i think a lot of people are buying them over the odds for the prestige factor.

Comment

Well if it happens to meet your spec and you have the money, personally i think a lot of people are buying them over the odds for the prestige factor.
              I hope the price keeps going up as I fully intend to sell mine after I stop playing and with JP retired by then I will be looking for about £5000 lo.

Comment

sorry a lucky rich Plonker!

Comment

I never reject an offer but leave them until they expire.
                  When there are a lot of watchers and somebody makes an offer, a couple of times somebody else has bought it for the full BIN, maybe because it made up their mind to have it and pay the asking rather than let the person who made the offer have it.

Comment

Well Fedia (the crazy russian seller) is apparently a Millionaire (in his mind) so im suprised £500 means so much to him on the ultimate and £30 or so on the trav.
                    Good point this. A wealthy or rich person would not be looking to increase the value by £500 or so, that would be like most people hagling over an extra £5 when selling a cue. I doubt he's rich at all, he's probably financially comfortable but has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with buying up the top cues and then selling them on for big profit but claiming they are part of his playing collection.

I doubt these people can even make a 30 break, just makes me laugh how much BS they will put on their listing to try and get a sale. A good cue sells itself. If I saw that someone was selling these top cues it would make me think that they must play crap to get rid of them all the time which just proves that he's not a player.

Comment

He's added more pictures to the listing today, has 3 ultimates and a h&o pictured, quite why these are listed in the selling of a single cue is anyones guess, though im guessing e-peen is the answer.

Comment

private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 15-Aug-12 22:04:14 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 15-Aug-12 22:03:44 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 15-Aug-12 22:03:13 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 14-Aug-12 16:49:01 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 14-Aug-12 16:48:47 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 14-Aug-12 16:48:30 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 06-Aug-12 11:08:36 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 06-Aug-12 11:08:18 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 05-Aug-12 17:21:26 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 03-Aug-12 15:16:59 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 03-Aug-12 15:16:32 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 29-Jul-12 14:49:13 BST
                        private listing -- buyers' identities protected Declined 29-Jul-12 14:39:24 BST

Very interesting Bid History............alot of dates and times are close together ........surely just a coincidence
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics
                          Fedia selling ultimates for £2000? What a joker, only a fool would pay that. Label people are fools.
                          Are you thinking of getting a JPU Jerry? At least they hold their value. Could treat it like an investment, I guess.

Comment

I see the cue has been removed, interesting offer prices!
                            Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 28 August 2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

bargain price!!! even got p&p chucked in for free!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item3f22436631

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                                bargain price!!! even got p&p chucked in for free!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item3f22436631
                                If you read the description he wants 15-50 for shipping on top.
                                Can't cut in to your profit margin too much!
                                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X