No announcement yet.

Cue Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out there's a chap who makes cues named Mike Wooldridge...

More info on the shocked thread.

Comment

hows this going? any updates? the bank balance must have taken a massive hit now :-)
      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

No more cues as of yet

I must not have long to wait for my TW, JP though...?

Comment

Well, my Trevor White arrived on Saturday (thanks Trev)... Super busy weekend meant I never had chance to try it out apart from about three or four shots.

Played with it last night in my first league match of the season... 96 first shot and a sublime 52 clearance in the second frame. Quite like this cue.

It's different to the others in terms of responsiveness. This is the closest thing in terms of feel to my old cue I've had. The taper feels a bit thicker than what I'm used to butt (hehe, pun intended) that's not necessarily a bad thing.

This could very well become my playing cue...

Comment

I was only thinking of this thread yesterday, good to hear the TW is a good'n
            piccies as soon as please
            ps a 96 in one shot - wow!

edit "good to hear the TW is a good'n" who would expect anything less:snooker:
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              Played with it last night in my first league match of the season... 96 first shot and a sublime 52 clearance in the second frame. Quite like this cue.
              96 first shot sounds good to me . . . pots balls by itself
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

It's ok for potting, rubbish at position... It underscrewed the yellow to get on the green

Comment

Cue Contest

Give it to Fedia, it would of cleared the table without even looking!!!.....

Comment

It's ok for potting, rubbish at position... It underscrewed the yellow to get on the green
                    That's fantastic Pottr, if that cue is going in the bin, I can't play position anyway so it could just be perfect for me lol.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Nice handling bud...... Sounds like you might have got yourself a keeper then bud!!

Any chance we get to see a few pictures of this little beauty......??
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7099b62.jpg
                        http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8353710.jpg
                        http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0c254460.jpg

3 quick snaps I took this morning.

Another hour in with it and it's weird how comfortable I feel with it. Have to be honest, I don't think it's a pretty as the MW but that's down to me choosing a veneer instead of a double front splice (plus Mike's F1 extensions are pretty ****in cool).

Just like Mike's cue... The build quality and it's general appearance is perfect. Exactly what I asked for in specification. I now expect this to be a given for top cue makers.

If I had to compare the two I'd say that the finish on Trevor's cue is smoother and more to my tastes and Trevor's cue is far more responsive to play with.

I have I pretty steady smooth cue action. The less effort I can hit the white with to generate spin the better. I am really taken back by this cue. It really plays fantastic... Possibly even better than my MAC cue which I absolutely adore.
                        Last edited by pottr; 4 September 2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

beautiful cue pottr! glad you get on with it so well too.
                          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                            pottr:

It looks like you not only have the same specs as I do but I'm also trying the same thing. I have a TW cue which I was playing with for a year but I kept looking at other types of cues so now I have one on order from MW, Andy Travis, Dave Coutts and I have ordered cues from Robin Cook and John Parris (not an Ultimate).

I recently discovered (at least for me) that shaft flex plays a very big part in what makes me really like the hit and feel of a cue. I have a 1pc Green Baize cue here which has a pure medium shaft flex (recognizing my 'medium' might be someone else's 'medium-stiff' or even stiff.

I would recommend if you like the shaft flex of your present cue then measure the diameter of it every 3" down to 39" or so and send those measurements to all the cuemakers and you should end up with nearly the same shaft flex on the cues you order.

I realize this might be a real pain for the cuemakers however I've found most cues today are made way too stiff for me and I have a hard time finding a cue with the flex that I prefer.

Terry
                            Learned something here. Thanks Terry.

Comment

Been using the TW I got hold of in the last couple of weeks. I have to say it is by far the best cue I have used. Bit lighter than I am used to but balance and feel is perfect.

Its hard to describe but it just 'hits' perfect.

Comment

I think this thread is not a reliable way to judge cue makers and I would doubt the validity of it for the following reasons.

I have bought various cues and no two from the same maker in the same design and same spec even have ever played alike and mistakes do happen on occasion as highlighted in your review of the Tony Glover cue so a little unfair to judge people on the result of just one cue.

If you ordered ten cues from each of them and then compared them in terms of playability cost and quality of service that would be more like it but by letting them all know you are doing it first also makes it pointless - like walking into a restaurant and telling them you are doing a review of their food for the paper - they are bound to try their best for you.
                                Also a review would be better taking into account more than one opinion to remain objective.

I doubt that your wife would be happy with you buying 50 or 60 odd cues though.

Comment

Working...
                                X