Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonn parris review

Hi all,
    I have had my new John Parris Paragon cue for a few months now so I am able to give a true reflection of the craftsmanship and how it plays. Well the honeymoon period is over; I am now familiar to the cue and how it plays. My first point is there are a lot of doubters about the qualities of the newer J.P cues; I can only speak for myself so here goes ...I found the craftsmanship of the cue superb, I did request longer splices and all even top and bottom, John was happy to accommodate for my preferences and delivered a truly beautiful crafted cue to me.

I give John no Ideas on the grain of the cue but I was hoping for something a little special, again he delivered big style, the underneath of the shaft is plain with two arrow-grains nicely spaced, the top of the shaft has five arrows all perfectly lined up and perfectly spaced, so from this I draw the conclusion that John can and still does produce truly top class cues.

The feel of a cue is all important, I have had many cues over the years some of these have been poor and some very good and then there are the special ones I have probably had three or four of these in twenty odd years of playing..and to name them 1992 cuecraft ¾ the feel of the cue was unreal, a hunt and Osborne ¾ if it had been 1oz lighter I would have never bought another cue, a 1pce mike Wooldridge- breaks galore got took from my local club got it back a few days later though but it had been slightly sanded and was never the same..and?

The reason I have mentioned special cues is that I have found lots of cues that feel good at most shots or some shots but I would only class a cue as something special if it’s good at all shots, now there is probably a good reason for this weight, balance, moisture of the shaft, if I knew I would only ever order special cues, and of course it could be me at fault..But let’s say we blame the cues..lol ,

I am delighted to say that the paragon cue has entered my hall of fame and becomes my fourth edition to this elite club..I did have some real concerns about this cue, I mention the honeymoon period this is when you get your new cue and for the first week it walks on water, can’t do a thing wrong, then the eighth day your feet brought back down to earth and from there its all hard work and doubt, it wasn’t like that with the paragon cue, at the same time as trying to bed in my new cue I was also changing my cue action or more to the point my grip, the first few weeks went by and nothing was coming very easy.

I had lots of doubts and couldn’t really find any real form , I was just clutching on to the odd few good shots here and there. The middle part of this period made me think I was getting somewhere I still could not produce consistent prolonged form but I was producing it in a few frames, then comes the last week..I have played four times this week for three hours a session and its finally coming together..consistent potting , break building , and a good feel for the speed of the cloth, I am potting better to the middle pockets than I ever have, and I can really feel the cue go through the shot.

I have gone from trying to manipulate the cue to been at one with it and a really lose grip and lots of trust , its working extremely well right now and long may at last, and it’s with this last point in mind that I call this a special cue because all four have had one thing in common they just seem to do the work for you , it’s a bit like an automatic car moving though the gears effortlessly while you steer .

New Parris cues still 10/10

122.jpg061.jpg115.jpg
    Last edited by buddfridgeman; 16 August 2012, 05:59 PM.

No probs mate, its not my strong point..take care

Comment

Very good right up .

I do love a round butt . Chevrons / shaft looks very nice indeed .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Jonn parris review

Is the badge in the base of the cue ?

Comment

yes mate, I like the butt to be plain with no flat and no badge..
          Originally Posted by Ryanharper View Post
          Is the badge in the base of the cue ?

Comment

Jonn parris review

I'm the same how long was the wait

Comment

It took about 6 1/2 months but well worth the wait
              Originally Posted by Ryanharper View Post
              I'm the same how long was the wait

Comment

Jonn parris review

I'm going up to get mine copied it's more bent than Alan Carr !

Comment

Working...
                X