Balancing of a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancing of a cue

Hi. Anyone know how's the cue maker out there doing the balancing ? By using natural wood+wood balancing or by inserting the lead ?

I've seen cue making photos where metal weights are inserted to achieve the desired weight and balance. I know nothing about cue making but I'd imagine it difficult to get the balance right. I'm not sure if it's only about fixing the balance point at how many inches along the cue.

Hopefully, the cue makers or members in the know can offer some insights on the dark arts of balancing a cue...
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I see. Curious to know whether anything inserted to achieve the weight or balance. Some using the lead or metal. O'min cues for sure using it, loosen after 2 months of power shot. Somemore their high range HUNTER cue. I'm searching for the difference between Asia and English cues.

Comment

I believe that someone on TSF sometime ago said that any cue of ~17oz will most likely have weight (lead slug(s)) inserted.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

a lot depends on the kind of weight wanted and splicing wood

Comment

Ok. But, will it be better in terms of feeling if just using natural wood+wood without lead ? I noticed that English cues taken longer time to construct compare to Asian cues. So i thought maybe the English cue maker need to get the exact weight of each splicing, shaft and ebony to match on for natural weight and balance.

Comment

full ebony butt tends to weigh in about 17-18 oz ,then it depends were you want balance if forward of 17 ins difficult without pre weighting

Comment

Working...
              X