X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What lathe did you get?
    Do you have a place to work?

Comment

Lathe is an old Coronet ELF woodworking one. It has been modded for a 60 inch bed! If i can get the blanks centered on it. It might work for some turning, sanding and tip work. Not planning any joint work to start with.

just an unused garage as place of work.Got good light and power and it's dry. Pool table gets a little in the way!

Comment

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
        You also need to think about "free hands"
        Any jig you can make to hold the cue still whilst planing
        For splices,drilling the badge hole,or glueing up splices and clamping!
        Having a good set up so your hands are free is a big help!
        I'm sure most makers will agree!
        The best jig in my shop is a long plank with 2 of the wives cloths pegs nailed up towards one end. Pennies to make but it's a life saver. Can you guess what it's for?

Comment

come on then ime always willing to learn just nearly messed up drilling for badge what kind of jig for that,whats the cloths peg one pics will help me ime a bit thick sometimes

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            come on then ime always willing to learn just nearly messed up drilling for badge what kind of jig for that,whats the cloths peg one pics will help me ime a bit thick sometimes
            * in my best australian accent *

Can you tell what it is yet?
            Attached Files

Comment

Ain't got a clue mate! Fill us in? Lol

Comment

Is it for pinning your betting slips/lottery numbers too

Comment

hanging your washed apron lol

Comment

Nipple clamps, for when you mess up splices and want to punish yourself?
                    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Lol all excellent ideas. I may even try a few of them. Twice if I like it

I'm the mean time it is the simplest way I can think of to hold the shaft in place while I glue up the splices. Hands free.

Now I should tell you all that I have full worldwide patents on the design and construction of this technology so don't copy it...pretty please with sugar on top. However today is your lucky day since all this can be yours for just £999 or £1 a month for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                        Nipple clamps, for when you mess up splices and want to punish yourself?

Comment

Originally Posted by Exile View Post
                          Lol all excellent ideas. I may even try a few of them. Twice if I like it

I'm the mean time it is the simplest way I can think of to hold the shaft in place while I glue up the splices. Hands free.

Now I should tell you all that I have full worldwide patents on the design and construction of this technology so don't copy it...pretty please with sugar on top. However today is your lucky day since all this can be yours for just £999 or £1 a month for the rest of my life.
                          your pegs must be strong is it windy down there ours dont even old washing on the line lol may i ask what glue you use as the stuff i use would mess that up in no time

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                            (null)
                            That the beauty of it. Mess it up all you want. Scrap it and make a new one for about £2.50. Simples.

Comment

Working...
                            X