New Stamford Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stamford Cue

I recieved my new Stamford cue a week ago, 5 months after i ordered it which is exactly how long they said it would be. My experience with Stamford (Paul and Lewis) has been very good. They were easy to contact and delivered a cue which has exceeded my expectations really. It is a series 1, one piece, 18oz, 57 inches long, 9.5mm tip, 28.5mm butt, and has a 16 inch balance point. The tip they put on is probably the best i've played with, a 'modified' elk master

My last cue was a MW shark which was a great cue but never really took my game anywhere unexpected. It's specs were a little different to the Stamford and i don't think they really suited me as well.

It's only been a week but already i'm seeing the benefits of my new cue and tonight I was 1 ball away from my highest break. My game has really turned around as just a couple of weeks ago i was a bit down and losing interest. Now i'm getting regular 50's but it's my safety game which has really come on, and it's doing a lot more damage.

Could be just the fact of getting a new cue has given me a fresh start and inspired me a little, maybe the specs suit me more, but my aim of getting a first century seems a lot more achievable.

well, it could be both: only the excitement of having the new cue or the specs suit you more, or a combination of both.
    but anyhow, the most important thing is that you game improved

would it be possible to post some pictures of the cue, since i am thinking about a while ordering a stamford 1 piece as well.

Comment

Stamfords make a really good cue and are very good to deal with.

Comment

I am sure you can get that first ton, its sometimes easier to make the second half of a break than the first , so if you get 50s often enough then you will get chances for the ton. keep on believing. A good cue can often bring improvements..

Comment

Originally Posted by shohin View Post
          well, it could be both: only the excitement of having the new cue or the specs suit you more, or a combination of both.
          but anyhow, the most important thing is that you game improved

would it be possible to post some pictures of the cue, since i am thinking about a while ordering a stamford 1 piece as well.
          I'll try and get some pics for you, I went for a plain ebony butt though, havn't really seen any other designs that i've liked, except maybe John Higgins new cue which i saw posted on this forum not long back

Comment

DSC01606.jpgDSC01613.jpg

Comment

thanks a lot for the pics, matt!
              the shaft looks really nice, i have to say.....did you make any requests about the number of arrows, evenly spaced etc? ot
              does one have no influence on that?

well, for me a black ebony butt is to "boring", definitely need some other wood there!
              and i totally agree...the new higggins cue is amazing!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by shohin View Post
                thanks a lot for the pics, matt!
                the shaft looks really nice, i have to say.....did you make any requests about the number of arrows, evenly spaced etc? ot
                does one have no influence on that?

well, for me a black ebony butt is to "boring", definitely need some other wood there!
                and i totally agree...the new higggins cue is amazing!!!
                no problem, sorry i'm not the best photographer!!
                , plain ebony butts look nice, a lot of the time i think cues are spoiled with other woods you have to be carefull. plus light woods get dirty over time so you have to think about that. I like cocobolo, and some of the burr woods but i hate snakewood! I would maybe get a cue with cocobolo if i have another one.
                No i didn't request anything specific about the shaft, like number of arrows etc but i'm pretty sure that most cuemakers will accomodate requests like that. certainly mike wooldridge and John Parris do.

Comment

New Stamford Cue

I've ordered a cue nearly the same specs in cocobolo and thin maple veneers above 9.25 17 1/2 57 28.5mm series1 I can also say so far I've recieved the exact same service it's been ready when they said it would be a great and communication i only paid a couple of days ago so am hoping it's in the post now and hope im as happy with it as you are and I believe that John Higgins in using a Trevor white from what I've heard but don't know for sure

Comment

Originally Posted by nikki+daveaddmanxpool View Post
                    I've ordered a cue nearly the same specs in cocobolo and thin maple veneers above 9.25 17 1/2 57 28.5mm series1 I can also say so far I've recieved the exact same service it's been ready when they said it would be a great and communication i only paid a couple of days ago so am hoping it's in the post now and hope im as happy with it as you are and I believe that John Higgins in using a Trevor white from what I've heard but don't know for sure
                    I really hope your new cue works out for you, let us know! the last few days waiting can be a bit of a pain

Comment

Originally Posted by nikki+daveaddmanxpool View Post
                      i am sure you will like it...let´s hope it arrives before weekend
                      again, i wanted to ask you to post some pictures and provide us a review about the cue....this would be really nice!

Comment

Correct, JH does have a new TW cue, see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...-got-a-new-cue, and specifically post #45 for pictures of the cocobolo butt, very nice
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X