Clear All

• Exquisite cues update!!

I am currently thinking of a way to have a range of cues
    to determine the standard ie shaft quality and the standard of splicing
    and exotic woods used!
    I can also price them accordingly!
    I'm thinking that my top cues will be called the "Exquisite Pro"
    Range!
    And others the "Exquisite players" range!
    Pro range will be the best of shafts and splicing and players range
    Maybe not just as good!
    I'd like your thoughts on this as I'm thinking of getting the badges made up!
    I think it's good to have a range in some way!
    Raymond.

Sounds like a nice idea Raymo a good friend of mine uses 1 of your 1 piece cues and I've gotta say it's lovely. Just to give you my opinion I like the sound of exquisite gold for the standard range and exquisite platinum for the top notch range, what do you reckon?
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Haha believe it or not I thought of this but just isn't for me!
      More examples welcome! Lol

Comment

I had a feeling you may have thought of that already, how about for the standard range Exquisite Century & for the top range Exquisite Maximum?
        77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

You would be silly not to charge a premium for the top 10% shafts you come across. I.e the 5 or 6 arrow dead straight numbers....

Exquisite gold. Sounds good.
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

That's another good example but just not cutting it!!
            More more!!!

Comment

Exquisite Pro is definately my top cue with best of shafts and exotic woods!
              Just need a lower range now?
              Help????????

Comment

you could kill your business with exquisite ****e? but i would just stick with exquisite!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I know what your saying Andrew but the likes of Trevor White?
                  Don't you think he should have a range to price his cues accordingly!
                  Ie like parris,Osborne,wooldridge?
                  If I had a cue with five perfect arrows spliced with four lower
                  Snake wood splices? How can it be the same price as a plain ebony with a not so great shaft?
                  I just think a range is vital to customers so they know the standard!

Comment

i have offered to do it for trevor but he is not interested!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Does that mean all his cues are the same price then?
                      All cues can't possibly be the same price as all cues are different in standard
                      and quality!
                      Like a vw golf? You pay more for a Gti!
                      For example!
                      I just want to have a range so the customer can get value fit money and also know what to
                      expect!
                      I personally think its wrong Trev has no range really for such a top cue maker!

Comment

I think Trev does charge a premium for a selected shaft, or at least I was under the impression that he does. After all its a lot of work to find a shaft suitable for what the customer wants.

Personally Raymo I would stick to what you are doing now and price accordingly to whatever you make. After all you don't want to damage your reputation by charging more for certain cues and less for others purely based on cosmetics as I can see that potentially happening. Personally speaking the playability factor of the cue always trumps the perfectness of grain or exotic woods everytime. No good making quality looking cues that might not play as well as a plain 1 piece with one or two arrows out of line that plays like a beauty. I'd pay more for a cue that felt right over a multi spliced perfect grained but plays average cue every day.

Comment

I also believe that TW charges a little more for selected shafts, etc.
                          I also will say stick with just Exquisite and not have a range and price the cue according to their individual merits.

But if you really do want a range, I thought that maybe "Select" could be a range name, :shrug:
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i think all you need raymo is a different coloured badge thats the way ive gone if i ever get there mine are black and white standard then ive got gold and red not got to gold and red standard yet lol

Comment

I think for now you should get a good looking website going and expand a little. What Jim said about badge-colour grading sounds better in my opinion. Having a range of cheaper through to your best cues would be a good thing so people can have a little more control on what they're getting for their money. Some like to collect cues and may go for a slightly cheaper cue whereas someone who wants the best chance of getting as good a cue as possible can go for your premier range. I seriously think a website would help though.

Comment

Working...
                              X