Exquisite cues update!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
    Does that mean all his cues are the same price then?
    All cues can't possibly be the same price as all cues are different in standard
    and quality!
    Like a vw golf? You pay more for a Gti!
    For example!
    I just want to have a range so the customer can get value fit money and also know what to
    expect!
    I personally think its wrong Trev has no range really for such a top cue maker!
    In all fairness every one of Trevs cues are top notch but If people want a selected shaft with a certain grain or number of arrows then i believe it costs extra because of the time it takes him to do so .

I dont believe he charges a premium or labels them in a superior way to the rest of his cues like other makers do but i guess if he did,nt charge extra then he would be spending more time looking for and selecting specific wood than he would be making cues , so it makes economical sense really .
    Last edited by hotpot; 3 September 2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      i have offered to do it for trevor but he is not interested!
      Another reason to respect TW cues, he just tries to build the best cue he can for everyone. I know that it's not always possible but the intention is there. I've never understood the point of buying a 2nd or 3rd materials grade cue from a maker, e.g. Parris, MW, etc, when you can have a first grade cue from so many makers for a lot less?

Raymo; I guess you're in a squeeze because you can't throw all the ash blanks out that don't quite meet the top standard, and make money. But acquiring blanks that are top grade is also tricky. I'd just stick to building your name first, and trying to source the best materials you can. I think what you're doing, in pricing each cue accordingly is the best way forward and very fair.
      Last edited by Particle Physics; 3 September 2012, 09:51 AM.
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I kinda agree with you all in some way! It's come to the stage I need to
        Order more badges and thought it would be better to range the cues with badges accordingly,
        However I may just leave it as it is for now!
        Also a website will come further down the line!

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
          Another reason to respect TW cues, he just tries to build the best cue he can for everyone. I know that it's not always possible but the intention is there. I've never understood the point of buying a 2nd or 3rd materials grade cue from a maker, e.g. Parris, MW, etc, when you can have a first grade cue from so many makers for a lot less?
          In what way exactly are they cues of a lesser material?
          Last edited by narl; 3 September 2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Raymo; I guess you're in a squeeze because you can't throw all the ash blanks out that don't quite meet the top standard, and make money. But acquiring blanks that are top grade is also tricky. I'd just stick to building your name first, and trying to source the best materials you can. I think what you're doing, in pricing each cue accordingly is the best way forward and very fair.
            You're digging your hole deeper.
            The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

trevor charges £70 for a selected shaft.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I've never understood the point of buying a 2nd or 3rd materials grade cue from a maker, e.g. Parris, MW, etc, when you can have a first grade cue from so many makers for a lot less?
                oh dear...

my material is superior first grade, and better than i've seen anyone else use on a regular basis.

always has been, always will be. this can be verified by senior members of this forum who have genuine 'real' experience of what they are talking about.

that makes your comment both naively stupid and, more importantly, libellous.

now, unfortunately for you, my sister has a law practise in london so it won't cost me a penny to shut your mouth up once and for all.

i shall be requesting your details from the forum owner and pass this information on for further consideration.

unless you'd care to apologise at this moment in time?
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I understand why some makers charge extra for a certain pattern and extra splice work, however, In my own case, I will just keep selling cues according to the amount of work that goes into them and give a reduction on shafts I'm not 100% happy with, rather than charge more for the good ones. Each to their own though.
                  I do like the idea of no cues like guru does.
                  As I said, each to their own.
                  "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    oh dear...

my material is superior first grade, and better than i've seen anyone else use on a regular basis.

always has been, always will be. this can be verified by senior members of this forum who have genuine 'real' experience of what they are talking about.

now, unfortunately for you, my sister has a law practise in london so it won't cost me a penny to shut your mouth up once and for all.

i shall be requesting your details from the forum owner and pass this information on for further consideration.

i will verify that mikes materials are always first rate. i have lost count of how many of mikes cues i have seen over the years but it's a lot and i have NEVER seen a bad one.
                    Last edited by ADR147; 3 September 2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Ooh particle, yer being called

Comment

Now now lads I didn't think my wee thread would start such debate!
                        We all know who the top makers are on this forum and the standard of work is so high
                        That the newcomers are striving to reach the same standard!
                        These guys have really pin point eye for detail and won't stand or let any that will do work through there hands!
                        This all comes down to there top class craftsmanship and high standard of materials used!

Comment

lol very diplomatic raymo - i think the point here is that mike is saying if you don't know anything best shut up!

Comment

oh dear...

Does 'not having a clue' hold up as an excuse in court? i.e. PP doesnt know what he's on about, sent to jail for a thirty year stretch for being stupid? Thinking he knows what he;s talking about when he clearly doesnt?

makes me laugh if nothing else!
                            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                              Does 'not having a clue' hold up as an excuse in court? i.e. PP doesnt know what he's on about, sent to jail for a thirty year stretch for being stupid? Thinking he knows what he;s talking about when he clearly doesnt?

makes me laugh if nothing else!
                              If you ask me he's simply trolling he done the same in the Shark shafts thread and after mike responded PP was nowhere to be seen, id be surprised if he posts in here again, though after ive said that he probably will.

Comment

oh dear...

I'd usually stir it up at this point, but you've caught me on one of my sober days, Mike has a serious point here, a lot of people come here for advice on buying cues, and will see a member with thousands of posts to his name and a comment on every thread as someone knowledgable, and often take there word as read. Mike shouldn't have to be on here 24/7 defending his business, but if he doesn't reply it fuels the rumour mill. Now Mike can take this bit of stick, as he has a well built reputation outside our little world, but every unfounded accusation (Grumpy and snappy have been officially founded by the way!) could potentially cost him a sale, and he's right it is slanderous, and depening on where tsf servers are based legal action should certainly follow!
                                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                                X