• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes always go oversize

Comment

has changing your tip helped?

Comment

Haven't had the chance yet mate. I'm going to buy some today/tomorrow off the internet. What tip would you suggest for me? I think i would like a soft tip. I rarely whack the ball unless i need a bit of force to bring the white down the other side of the table, so its mainly nice soft shots using side, top and bottom

Comment

Also whilst im here. My cue seems to be getting a bit lumpy and i can feel it when taking a shot. I don't think theres any bends in the cue or anything, just ripples. It sort of bugs me but is it nothing to worry about?

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesvx View Post
            Haven't had the chance yet mate. I'm going to buy some today/tomorrow off the internet. What tip would you suggest for me? I think i would like a soft tip. I rarely whack the ball unless i need a bit of force to bring the white down the other side of the table, so its mainly nice soft shots using side, top and bottom
            If you like them soft just go for elkmaster, ADR has an ebay shop which sells them, you can get a box of 50 for around £18 which will last you years...
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I'm going to pop down to the shop today where i bought my cue. They sell elkmaster tips and blue diamond tips. Which is the softer one? Thanks

Comment

Also, they are 9mm so will need to be sanded on the sides but i like a flatish tip. Would flattening the tip effect the softness? I dont like it when the tip is big

Comment

ok I've just bought two elk tips. They seem to have chalk on them, is this normal? And squeezing them between my fingers they feel hard, should they feel soft?

Comment

ok I've just bought two elk tips. They seem to have chalk on them, is this normal? And squeezing them between my fingers they feel hard, should they feel soft?
                    The chalk is normal, any tip will feel hard between your fingers but they are quite soft tips, remember to give the bottom of the tip a light sanding before fitting

Comment

Also whilst im here. My cue seems to be getting a bit lumpy and i can feel it when taking a shot. I don't think theres any bends in the cue or anything, just ripples. It sort of bugs me but is it nothing to worry about?
                      have you sanded the cue? or has someone else? it bumps you describe are probably on the arrows and if so it needs to be sanded and finished by a cue maker. don't attempt to do it yourself you'll only make it worse. you can just leave it alone though as long as its not putting you off your game
                      Last edited by Dave Walton; 24 September 2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Also, they are 9mm so will need to be sanded on the sides but i like a flatish tip. Would flattening the tip effect the softness? I dont like it when the tip is big
                        lowering the height of the tip will effect the softness and make it harder

Comment

the chalk is normal. all tips feel hard if you squeeze them. to see how hard they are push your thumb nail into the side wall of the tip, if it sinks in its soft if it hardly leaves a mark then its hard and you have to judge this yourself for medium

Comment

Working...
                          X